Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 224 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2015, 10:28 PM   #2231
diyAudio Member

Just buy a 20k stereo and parallel the two channels to get 10k
Old 20th March 2015, 11:00 PM   #2232
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debianx View Post
Raw output goes to the transformer direct
Kohjin
Hi debianx,

Looks like you removed also the final analog filter, native transformer bandwidth does the job ?

Tiny
Old 20th March 2015, 11:49 PM   #2233
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEQ+TheEnd View Post
Søren, do you expect much hassle and support work when releasing new firmware? I ask as it seems like many of the complaints coming up here is already worked out at your end. It might benefit the DAMs reputation if releases where more frequently?

Yes, I understand from your usual business one don’t release beta’s unless special called for. But as it seems on this and a couple other forums some member of the diy community voice a shorter interest span than the usual commercial customers. Not to mention several misunderstandings floating the net regarding faults this DAC might have.
I prefer to release the next firmware with fixes for all current issues, otherwise there will be too many "I have release x.x how do I....".

And it seems like people here are not as comfortable with serial upgrades as the users of our small computer boards, so lets shoot for just one upgrade.
Old 21st March 2015, 06:23 AM   #2234
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
I prefer to release the next firmware with fixes for all current issues, otherwise there will be too many "I have release x.x how do I....".

And it seems like people here are not as comfortable with serial upgrades as the users of our small computer boards, so lets shoot for just one upgrade.
I just updated the "user manual" with a guide to update the firmware. https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2015...c-users-guide/

Should be easy now. Using a PC serial port, the interface is rock solid. I am using "Tera Term" which has xmodem transfer.
Old 21st March 2015, 08:13 AM   #2235
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
Only software option is to disable the potmeter, using the uManager "set volume = xx", where xx set the default volume in db (-90 - +15) and disable the potmeter, "set volume = -99" enable the potmeter again. You can use the "set" command without parameters to see current settings.
Messing around with volume settings via the umanager.
Is it necessary to powercycle the dam1021 everytime a new setting is placed?
Old 21st March 2015, 10:56 AM   #2236
Dimdim is offline Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

You don't need to go to uManager to change the volume. Outside of uManager, you just type (for example) V-20 and enter and it will change the volume.
Old 21st March 2015, 11:06 AM   #2237
diyAudio Member

Quick question. What does the blinking and solid green led on the DAM1012 indicate? What is changing when it goes from blinking to solid? My dac isn't working yet hence the question.
Old 21st March 2015, 11:19 AM   #2238
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikestabber View Post
I was using the raw outputs since I got the DAC and am extremely happy with the sound. The other day I wanted to see what the buffered outputs sounded like, I lasted no more than 5 minutes. It was just harsh, too sharp and sounded no better IMO than my cheap Chinese brand DAC.

I decided to remove the op-amps from the board since I knew at that point I will never be using them ever again. Before I did that I used my Seek Thermal camera and noticed they got pretty warm even after I cut the signal traces for them, meaning they do draw a good amount of power for doing absolutely nothing. Its best to just remove them if you have zero intentions on using them. The 5V regulators near the RS232 serial chip don't even get warm anymore either after doing so.
Interesting, assuming to remove op-amps from cheap Chinese brand DAC to use the raw outputs would bring it to the same quality level.
It's a shame that this DAC failed on analog section as usually happens to digital guys.
Old 21st March 2015, 11:36 AM   #2239
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stijn001 View Post
Quick question. What does the blinking and solid green led on the DAM1012 indicate? What is changing when it goes from blinking to solid? My dac isn't working yet hence the question.
Any green ligth, blinking or not indicates power present. Blinking indicates hunting for valid input signal, steady is when one is found.

//
Old 21st March 2015, 12:19 PM   #2240
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Chapter: What is DOP

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/wp-content/u...nual-v2_2x.pdf

//

Hide this!Advertise here!