Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 125 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd February 2015, 04:53 PM   #1241
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollE2k View Post
Because, you usually dont unplug/replug that much, and when you do, then you use the tool (which i already own). Also, there are third party u.fl-cables/connectors which is much cheaper than the japanese originals.
As said, it looks better, feels better, and are just simple to work with. Plus its not that they are expensive when you look at the whole project.
Also, i have never broken a u.fl connector - probably because i always use the tool.
Boutique hifi

//
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:56 PM   #1242
Tyimo is offline Tyimo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Hi!

What's up with the official users manual?

Greets:
Tyimo
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:36 PM   #1243
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyimo View Post
Hi!

What's up with the official users manual?

Greets:
Tyimo

I think many of us are wondering as we try to wait patiently.....
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:55 PM   #1244
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
Attached is a quick dam1021 R-2R DAC drawing with connector pinouts. The more experienced DIY'er can get started with that, but I will also be doing a better and more detailed manual over the weekend.
Not wanting to appear impatient but the above was posted two weekends ago and we are rapidly approaching a third weekend.

It would be nice to see some documentation of the board beyond what is scattered across this thread. Headers for indicator LED's have been mentioned but no details as yet, for example.

Even a draft copy would be better than nothing...
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:17 PM   #1245
tods is offline tods  Germany
diyAudio Member

Back with my WaveIO.

Also with the WaveIO ther a clicks, not as loud as reported from others, but still very audible. Also are sometimes a few seconds at the beginning of a song missing. Can't say much more to the sound as it looks like the dac only synchronizes to the WaveIO when connect in the right direction to the multiple outlet socket. That may be related to the filters used.

Today I spent the evening trying to connect the dac with an USB to serial adapter. It says it has 5V TTL level, but did not work anyway. I will not do much listening before these issues are solved.

Attached is another picture of the connections from the WaveIO. It does not use the same pinout as dam1021. But I still would like to get one isolator out of the way. I have seen u-fl adapter boards in other projects (acko, ian ?), may be one of them can be used here as well or any of the usual suspects is willing to help out

Well time to have some sleep...

Torsten
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000948.jpg (74.7 KB, 819 views)
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:01 PM   #1246
Dimdim is offline Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tods View Post
Today I spent the evening trying to connect the dac with an USB to serial adapter. It says it has 5V TTL level, but did not work anyway. I will not do much listening before these issues are solved.
This DAC can only talk to a "real" RS-232 serial port, not one that runs on TTL levels. You need a proper USB to Serial adapter (one that has a DB9 connector) and a proper cable.
Old 4th February 2015, 12:43 AM   #1247
emyeuoi is offline emyeuoi  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tods View Post
But I still would like to get one isolator out of the way. I have seen u-fl adapter boards in other projects (acko, ian ?), may be one of them can be used here as well or any of the usual suspects is willing to help out
Will not be difficult to design a small interface PCB having the correct pin out.

Regards,
Enrico
Old 4th February 2015, 07:24 AM   #1248
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Short somewhere ? What is connected ?
Click the image to open in full size.

Min connected, rs232, toslink and rca out.

Thing is I started out with the power led and input power, and it already doing the blink once.

Just doubled check and nothing short any where.

Appreciate your kind advise
Old 4th February 2015, 07:26 AM   #1249
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Short somewhere ? What is connected ?
Only rs232, toslink input and rca out.
Thing is I started with power input and led first and it was already blinking once before I connected anything else.

Any chance the board could be faulty?
Old 4th February 2015, 07:35 AM   #1250
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnew View Post
Only rs232, toslink input and rca out.
Thing is I started with power input and led first and it was already blinking once before I connected anything else.

Any chance the board could be faulty?
It might help if you connect a GND at the power connector.

ADD:
It looks like you have not read the power supply requirements and have hooked up a +10VDC to one side and GND to the other.
You must have + and - DC supply and GND connected to middle pins of the power connector for the board to work.

My fault diagnosis : User Error.

Last edited by spzzzzkt; 4th February 2015 at 07:47 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!