Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 124 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd February 2015, 02:56 PM   #1231
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnew View Post
Help Soren! What does it mean when power led blinks once on power up? It stays off after that. Input is measured at 10v DC, but 3.3v at j2 is measured at 1v?
Short somewhere ? What is connected ?
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:15 PM   #1232
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Especially for the Pulse transformers as there is also a PS to wire with a resistor and a cap.

One of the two pulse transformers I linked in the other implementation thread could serve for their foot print to make a little cheap pcb My understanding is the PE is less noisy than the Nevawa. A better choice as the jitter is not a concern in the choice between them ?

For the big connector I linked a Farnell connector in the first page given by Spkzzzt member. It would suffice with a tweated wire from a cat5 cable...

Any has found a usefull USB to serie already made for J10 ? (I'm laptoped only at home !) :TNT how looks yours ?

But sure for the next productions a V2 with the choice of th esame connector + uf-l like Ian goes with its boards could be a plus !

Soren do you plan a link on your sites for soft upgrade, filters, etc and "how to"... Like you I have pain to attach document on the first page to help people to save time !

Last edited by Eldam; 3rd February 2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:21 PM   #1233
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Scrap from the "box"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seri.jpg (225.0 KB, 804 views)
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:27 PM   #1234
diyAudio Member

Why put expensive connectors on a board that breaks easily and where cables cost a lot when there is absolultley no techical merit? u-fl is only specified for 20 mating events and you need a tool to do it safely for 20 USD.

I dont see it happen....

//
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:30 PM   #1235
diyAudio Member

Rock'n Roll !

have you laptop a serie port !
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:32 PM   #1236
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Why put expensive connectors on a board that breaks easily and where cables cost a lot when there is absolultley no techical merit? u-fl is only specified for 20 mating events and you need a tool to do it safely for 20 USD.

I dont see it happen....

//
When it comes to Lucien and WAVE IO I can only imagine it was youthful exuberance of a sort where you have always wanted to incorporate some exotic part and you do it just because ...

I would much rather deal with a solder pad!
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:43 PM   #1237
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post

I dont see it happen....

//
Because, you usually dont unplug/replug that much, and when you do, then you use the tool (which i already own). Also, there are third party u.fl-cables/connectors which is much cheaper than the japanese originals.
As said, it looks better, feels better, and are just simple to work with. Plus its not that they are expensive when you look at the whole project.
Also, i have never broken a u.fl connector - probably because i always use the tool.
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:45 PM   #1238
diyAudio Member

Frankly, I'm waiting a wave I/O for an other project, but as it can be long to have one because Lucian has a lot of demand, I'm planning to get this one : OEM board - I2S over USB Audio . We talk about it already but had not clear answer to use it : the gnd vias are enough to match with each I2S signal with say tweasted thin cable took from a cat5 !

It has a 3.3 V output via + Gnd : 20 mA ;

Soren, are 20 mA enough to feed the isolator ?

This board is more simple to get in this part of the world than the "little" USB DIYhink you talked already !
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:47 PM   #1239
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcinnis View Post
When it comes to Lucien and WAVE IO I can only imagine it was youthful exuberance of a sort where you have always wanted to incorporate some exotic part and you do it just because ...

I would much rather deal with a solder pad!
If You design a USB-I2S board and provide very good clocks and you dont know what will appear downstream I think it is a wise choise to put u_fl connectors on the board. But to complement these with headers like Ian do is also a good measure.

//
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:49 PM   #1240
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldam View Post
Frankly, I'm waiting a wave I/O for an other project, but as it can be long to have one because Lucian has a lot of demand, I'm planning to get this one : OEM board - I2S over USB Audio . We talk about it already but had not clear answer to use it : the gnd vias are enough to match with each I2S signal with say tweasted thin cable took from a cat5 !

It has a 3.3 V output via + Gnd : 20 mA ;

Soren, are 20 mA enough to feed the isolator ?

This board is more simple to get in this part of the world than the "little" USB DIYhink you talked already !
That they name it I2S over USB makes me suspicious. Ther is nothimg "over" in this case as this is format conversion and not format transport.

//

Hide this!Advertise here!