Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 103 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2015, 05:29 PM   #1021
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
Soren - when do you expect your shipment for USA distribution will land in the states?
Just got confirmed that boards did land at the US office, and I expect that most, if not all, orders there will be shipped out today.

And just to say it again, I do engineering and manufacturing, the two online stores do the actual order processing and shipping so I can't answer for them. Any questions related to individual orders need to be directly to one of the two online stores.
Old 26th January 2015, 05:34 PM   #1022
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
Everything need a GND reference, a voltage is always referenced between two lines....
Just to clarify, to power the onboard isolators the Amanero +3.3V connects to ISO +3.3V and Amanero GND connects to ISO GND? (or non ISO GND?)
Old 26th January 2015, 05:48 PM   #1023
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianL View Post
Just to clarify, to power the onboard isolators the Amanero +3.3V connects to ISO +3.3V and Amanero GND connects to ISO GND? (or non ISO GND?)
Anything to be isolated connects to the pins inside the box saying "isolated".

If you mix it you break the isolation and/or it won't work.

Last edited by soekris; 26th January 2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 26th January 2015, 05:49 PM   #1024
ristar is offline ristar  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Depends on your grounding scheme of choice, really (whether you want to isolate this etc)...? In general, the GND is the reference point... for which the +3.3V is needed. If you take GND reference from some place else, the +3.3V may end up reading a different value and that will cause problems... or worse, potentially cause damage.

Last edited by ristar; 26th January 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 26th January 2015, 08:13 PM   #1025
diyAudio Member

I'm happy to confirm that I have beautiful music playing out of my SBT->Amanero->DAM-1021-01 bal. out->Questyle CMA800R->LCD3
at first try
Old 26th January 2015, 08:15 PM   #1026
diyAudio Member

Please share some first impressions when you're ready. Of course, it needs a proper burn in, but, first impressions are still welcome.
Old 26th January 2015, 08:22 PM   #1027
diyAudio Member

Will do.
I got short initial bleeps and blops when changing songs w. diff. sample rates just like TNT had.
Apart from that nothing wrong. LED is on steady.
Old 26th January 2015, 09:15 PM   #1028
supra is offline supra  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm happy to confirm that I have beautiful music playing out of my SBT->Amanero->DAM-1021-01 bal. out->Questyle CMA800R->LCD3
at first try
Can you post close up photo of your connections, quite a few of us will be using amanero.
Old 26th January 2015, 09:17 PM   #1029
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Compared running 7VA batteries against my two Mean Well RS-15-15 15 Volt 15W. Maaaybe a slight difference. But not all + for the batteries. So very good power system for DC onboard this DAC. This makes mer just more sure that you dont want to hook up a trafo because this will cause rectifying switch residulas from the mains freq + all the overtones. I will not even try it as it must be the least optimal solution.

And before you cram it into an aluminum box, play it freely on nylon standoffs. I put a bit of sorbothane on the oscillator I laways dampen my oscs.

So anyways. This DAC has at least 3 very good qualities. Dynamics is one. A big deep open stage is an other. A third is that it rest on a real solid fundamnet bass wise. I'm thinking about some others... Isn't there anythig to pick on? Maybe...

//
Old 26th January 2015, 09:49 PM   #1030
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
This makes mer just more sure that you dont want to hook up a trafo because this will cause rectifying switch residulas from the mains freq + all the overtones. I will not even try it as it must be the least optimal solution.

//
I had the same thoughts. I guess I'll rig up a simple +/- 12VDC to power this with. Or, maybe I go overboard and use a Salas Shunt?

Randy

Hide this!Advertise here!