• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GX400 - 400W Audio Amplifier - Made in Romania

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last revision GX400 amplifier is the result of a process of improvement and testing of an amplifier schematic who was wanted in the first to be a simple and compact amplifier, easy to build and with electronic components easy to find. I started polished schematic of the amplifier to be much better than revision no.1.

It is an audio amplifier that I tested with many types of transistors, including doublet and triplet in the output. As kind Dynacord companies chose to go with transistor amplifiers input its seemingly trivial (since the '80s), see famous series 2N3904/2N3906, I decided at some point, after I test amplifier with 2SC1815/2SA1015, to use 2N3904/2N3906. How legally hearing there was no difference, I said it's not bad to go on these transistors. And the result is very surprising.

Another important aspect of this amplifier is the fact that, especially in the input circuit, is required to match depending on the current gain of the transistors: N-CH with N-CH and P-CH with P-CH. This leads to easier sorting operation of the transistors, the more so as, if you buy transistors from the same lot, the characteristics of N-CH are very close to the N-CH, respectively P-CH with P-CH. Advantage that should be mentioned even more because there are many electronic hobbyists and professionals who do not have access to a large amount of electronic components to sort them.

Below I have posted schematics of the amplifier (GX400A - MOSFET version, GX400B -BJT version - both versions use the same PCB). You will notice a method of achieving a bias circuit, which is not the same in the two versions, because they need a bias BJT faster than with vertical MOS.

I attached a picture below with the PCB amplifier.

Purchase price of PCBs GX400 are as follows:

1 pcs. 10 USD / PCB pcs.

2 pcs. 9.5 USD / PCB pcs.

If you buy more than 3 pieces: 9 USD / PCB pcs

The shipping isn't included in the above prices.

Payment can be made via pay-pal at:

tehnium[dot]azi@gmail[dot]com

At this time I have two pieces fully assembled: BJT transistor version and a version with MOSFET transistors; the price of 75 USD / piece - see: GX400_foto2.jpg below.

I did some tests but in romanian language - I will add a subtitle as soon as possible but most likely next month:
TEST GX400A - YouTube
TEST GX400B (inclusiv THD test si calcul Slew rate) - YouTube

For more details please contact me via private messaging diyaudio.com or via email: donpetru@gmail[dot]com

Attachments

• PCB - GX400 rev.2.jpg
    PCB - GX400 rev.2.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 1,603
  • GX400_foto2.jpg
    GX400_foto2.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 1,554
  • GX400A.png
    GX400A.png
    170 KB · Views: 1,576
  • GX400B.png
    GX400B.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,516
  • Test GX400 - 1kHz.jpg
    Test GX400 - 1kHz.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 1,413
Last edited:
I'll take 8 PCB's and the two already built unit

I will take eight (8) PVB's at $9.00 US Dollars each. That comes to $72.00
US Dollars. I will also take the two (2) built units at $75.00. Hence, the total
comes to $147.00 US Dollars plus shipping to the United States of America.
Le me know how much the total will be. Take care and thanks for the offer
to DIYAUDIO users.:D

Bill of Materials and Schematric foir the BX400 Amplifiers

Since I purchased several of these PCB's, I need a Bill of Material and a better
schematic diagrams for the two versions of this amplifier. Please post BOM and
larger schematics for this amplifier, so I can build these PCB's.:confused:

@mrsavage, I attached here the files that you need. Check and PM. And sorry for the delay.

At this time there are only 10 pieces available PCB GX400.

Attachments

• GX400 rev.2.1 & 2.2 - Parts List.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 297
  • GX400 rev.2.1 & 2.2 - Schematics GX400A si GX400B.pdf
    308.7 KB · Views: 436
You want to say completely assembled sets? And one set, it means from your point of view, two pieces PCB fully assembled? I understood well ?!
If yes, then you want GX400 with BJT or MOSFET (GX400A or GX400B)?
At this point, I have assembled one version with MOSFET and one with BJT, and I have left 6 pieces PCB. If you wish, I can assembly two sets (this means assembly four pieces PCB) if you agree to pay in advance for that.
By the way, one fully assembled set consists of two pieces GX400 = 150USD (75USD / pcs) + shipping cost (depend on delivery address and courier company).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.