• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TSSA V1.7 mosfet Current feedback amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I just wonder if the TSSA V1.8 module is sperately available+price?

I have to say the kit price (post #461) is very good

Hello ben123.

Sorry i missed you post earlier.

The TSSA V1.8 is available. Price is 100€/channel

The difference between TSSA V1.8 and TSSA V1.7 is that an cap placed between Drain and source on the ECW20N20 is placed on the PCB on the TSSA V1.8.

The TSSA V2 features:

• will share the baseplate with the TSSA V4/V8.
  • Differential/Singleended input.
  • max +/-55VDC suppy voltage
  • using 2x35VAC toroid (+/-50VDC) : 120W/180W @ 8R/4R
  • Fully tested
  • Mount on heatsink using only 4 pcs 4mm machine screws and thermal paste

TSSA V2 price : 220€/channel (Early bird on this one is 160€/channel)

Available week 28.

Hello ben123.

The difference between TSSA V1.8 and TSSA V1.7 is that an cap placed between Drain and source on the ECW20N20 is placed on the PCB on the TSSA V1.8.

The TSSA V2 features:

• Fully tested

Available week 28.
a) Are you planning a kit for the V2? If yes b) what will the kit price be? and c) Will the V2 kit include a specially made high end trafo as in your V1.8 kit? Thanks.

This Kit contains.

• 1 x Softstart with iluminated power switch
  • 1 x Powersupply Board with fast recovery diodes and 60.000uF/63V ALC10C153EF063 high grade capacitors
  • 1 x Toroid 500VA, 2x25VAC, Noratel with potted centerhole with low mechanical hum.
  • 2 x TSSA V1.8 with output mosfets and isolationpads.
  • IEC Inlet, fuse drawer, powerswitch
  • 1 x Heatsink SK56 - 100SA
  • 1 x Terminal barrier block 6 pol.
  • 2 x Neutrik RCA connectors
  • 2 x pair of good quality binding post

It will work fine with 1 heatsink if bias is set to 250mA per channel. With 2 heatsink you can go for an bias of 500mA.
An extra heatsink will cost 50€ more. So that this kit will cost 530€ + shipping in summersales (Normal price 663€ + shipping).

For transit to Australia it cost 165€ (I am sorry.... But it is the cheapest i have found)

Hi sonny
Your private message in box is full.

Would it be best to have 2 heat sinks

Hi sonny
Your private message in box is full.

Would it be best to have 2 heat sinks

The Heatsink i add in the kit here is an 0.4K/W. It would be enough for 2 modules running at 300mA bias each but there should be good air circulation. If the air circulation is not that good i would suggest 200mA bias. You could start out with 200mA and measure the heatsink temperature. If it is below 50 degrees Celsius you could readjust 300mA

If the heatsinks are smaller or have low air circulation i would recommend two heatsink. Or if you simply want to rum with high class A setting -> 500mA i would also recommend two heatsink like SK56 100mm height as minimum.

Higher bias does give you more detailed and warmer sound

BR

Sonny

Hello ben123.

The TSSA V2 features:

• Fully tested

Available week 28.

The TSSA V2 will be based on the same boards as the TSSA V4 and V8. Difference is max working voltage of +/-55VDC, Only 2 pairs of mosfet compaired to the TSSA V4 and smaller heatsinks on the control board.

We are ready to take orders on the TSSA V2 now.

First ones will ship week 28.

Please go to the TSSA V4 thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/275212-mirand-tssa-v4-v8-lateral-mosfet-amp-4.html#post4370872

This Kit contains.

• 1 x Softstart with iluminated power switch
  • 1 x Powersupply Board with fast recovery diodes and 60.000uF/63V ALC10C153EF063 high grade capacitors
  • 1 x Toroid 500VA, 2x25VAC, Noratel with potted centerhole with low mechanical hum.
  • 2 x TSSA V1.8 with output mosfets and isolationpads.
  • IEC Inlet, fuse drawer, powerswitch
  • 1 x Heatsink SK56 - 100SA
  • 1 x Terminal barrier block 6 pol.
  • 2 x Neutrik RCA connectors
  • 2 x pair of good quality binding post
Sonny, do you have any of these kits left at summer sale price? In that case I would be happy if you can lay one aside for me (without the heatsink - I have found a case with two large heatsinks). Please send me an invoice and I'll transfer the amount immediately. Configuring and building we can look at when you return from Holiday July 8th :)

Sonny, do you have any of these kits left at summer sale price? In that case I would be happy if you can lay one aside for me (without the heatsink - I have found a case with two large heatsinks). Please send me an invoice and I'll transfer the amount immediately. Configuring and building we can look at when you return from Holiday July 8th :)

Hi pdb
Sonny has kindly posted a kit to me on the other side of the world:). Look forward to how you configure yours. Going by my only other significant amp build (hpa nxV200 R2), i may be needing some assistance.

I have those kits but the toroid will be replaced by BLOCK as i have no extra of my own In Stock . So the Price will be higher because of the other toroid.

I will get an Price confirm from BLOCK This week.

I have those kits but the toroid will be replaced by BLOCK as i have no extra of my own In Stock . So the Price will be higher because of the other toroid.

I will get an Price confirm from BLOCK This week.
Ok. Before you order / lay aside anything: Can I get your toroid if I wait for it to br made? I have also thought about signing up on the early bird for the V2 as I suppose those boards will give me some extra grunt to drive my Troels Gravesens SEAS-W11CY001 - they are under 80 dB efficiency... And what PSU will suit the V2 best...? I will probably go for 2 capbanks.... How much will a kit for V2 amount to in different configurations, etc? Phew, a lot of options... I think we will discuss all that when you return from Holiday :) Have a nice time off. All the best, Per

Hi pdb
Sonny has kindly posted a kit to me on the other side of the world:). Look forward to how you configure yours. Going by my only other significant amp build (hpa nxV200 R2), i may be needing some assistance.
Hi Paul, Excited to hear you pulled the trigger on the V1.8 kit. Unfortunately I will not be of much help to you in the building process as I will need Sonny to build my TSSA (V1.8 or V2) for me due to my health problems (He kindly did that with the USB dac) I don't think you will be disappointed going with the comments in here and if your speakers / room are not too difficult. Even the ordinary price is a bargain in my opinion and Sonny is a pleasure to deal with. And - that potted custom made for Sonny 500VA trafo from Takeda looks is a gem - weighing in at 11 pounds! Lucky you getting one of while in stock... No hard feelings :) I wish you happy building during winter down under. I'm sure readers here will chime in if you need help. All the best, Per.

I started making my box while I wait till the parts turn up.

Is the transformer really 200mmD x 100mmH? that is BIG.
Paul, if it is the potted custom made 5,5 kg 2 x 25 v trafo from Noratel (not Takeda as I said in an earlier post) then it should only be measuring 170 mm (D) x 65 mm (H) Check out this post from Sonny:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Our new toroid is arrived. [emoji3]

500va 25vac.

It is only 65mm high, and a diameter of 170mm

Pers AMP will get the first two.

But unfortunately the toroid Got a bit more expensive than expected.

They cost 104€[emoji19]

Hi Sonny
Kit arrived today, unfortunately looks like the transformer escaped at some time. Fortunately Aus post recaptured it before it could do any damage and reboxed it. All looks to be in one piece.:)

I will need a wiring diagram for the soft start and PSU and how best to do the earths.

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

• TSSA V1.8.jpg
    TSSA V1.8.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 285
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.