• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EasyRTA - real-time spectrum analyzer software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
logo.png

EasyRTA is a powerful, yet light-weight Spectrum Analyzer software for Windows XP/7/8/10.

EasyRTA has a number of features, including:

checkListBullet.jpg
Precise measurements
checkListBullet.jpg
Signal generator
checkListBullet.jpg
Automated calibration procedure
checkListBullet.jpg
Ease of use

bulletIcon1.png
Recording

You can choose any input device for recording and select which channel you want (left, right or both). Microphone calibration is also supported for even more precision in measurements.

bulletIcon3.png
Spectrum analyzer

Besides being a powerful real-time spectrum analyzer, EasyRTA also features an on-screen measuring tool which can be used for measuring amplitude and frequency in any given point.

bulletIcon5.png
Sampling

EasyRTA supports sample rates from 48 kilosamples per second up to 384 kilosamples per second. Sample rate menu items are automatically populated depending on audio card capabilities. Possible options are 48 kS/s, 96 kS/s, 192 kS/s and 384 kS/s.

bulletIcon2.png
Calibration

EasyRTA has an automated calibration procedure which allows you to make very precise measurements on any device on line input or line output. Audio measurements can also be performed with an external microphone.

bulletIcon4.png
Signal generator

EasyRTA can generate various signal types, such as: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square, Impulse, White Noise and Pink Noise, with frequencies from 1 Hz up to 384 kHz (Sound card dependent) and amplitudes in four 10 dBu steps (-30, -20, -10 and 0 dBu).

bulletIcon6.png
File management

You can easily save all your measurements and review them at any time. You can either load the saved file in EasyRTA for optimized viewing or you can view the file in any supported external application, like Excel.

Read more »

Screenshots

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Update: Completely rewritten code, Windows 10 support added, new pricing and payment methods.

▼ Buy now for just $10 ▼

Credit cards, PayPal and bitcoins accepted.

Easy Audio Tools
[url]www.easy-audio-tools.com[/URL]

Last edited:
Hi,
I can certainly confirm the accuracy of this software, with a good front-end it's a nice instrument.

I am available for the routin with anti-aliasing implementation in the tracking display, just for nice display or printed doc. (Independant of framework lib) as free Contribute obvious. :)

regards
Roberto

Hi Jan!

For basic audio measurements (room correction, loudspeaker testing, etc.), any external sound card would suffice. Or even a motherboard with an integrated sound card which has Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) 90dB or more.

For high-end users and highly dynamic measurements (that is, SNR over 120 dB), my recommendation is:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
or
ASUS Xonar Essence STX

As for the microphones, any measuring microphone would do the job. For the microphone to be able to precisely show the measured signal levels, it is required to have calibration files for that specific microphone. In the EasyRTA software there are integrated calibration files for the following popular measuring microphones:

Behringer ECM8000
DBX RTA-M
Gold Line MK8A

Regards,
Dragan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jan!

For basic audio measurements (room correction, loudspeaker testing, etc.), any external sound card would suffice. Or even a motherboard with an integrated sound card which has Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) 90dB or more.

For high-end users and highly dynamic measurements (that is, SNR over 120 dB), my recommendation is:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
or
ASUS Xonar Essence STX

As for the microphones, any measuring microphone would do the job. For the microphone to be able to precisely show the measured signal levels, it is required to have calibration files for that specific microphone. In the EasyRTA software there are integrated calibration files for the following popular measuring microphones:

Behringer ECM8000
DBX RTA-M
Gold Line MK8A

Regards,
Dragan

Dragan,

I finally got around to look at these soundcards. They are PCI-Express cards but I would prefer a USB-type for mobility.
Do you happen to have a recommendation for a high-quality USB soundcard?

jan

Hi Jan,

I'm on the same boat.
Actually trying to avoid the usual suspects, i.e. the EMU 0404 and 0402 models (which offer great specs but dodgy driver support), but I can't seem to find something that can match those specs, at least not on the same price range.
Best alternative I've come up with so far is the Focusrite Forte. Quite a bit more expensive, but it seems to be worth it and its quite compact (which is a plus) - so I'm about to bite the bullet and grab one.
Even $1000+ units don't seem to offer significantly better specs; just more I/O flexibility. Unless you are prepared to shell out serious cash for a Metric Halo LIO8 or something. ;)
If you don't mind going with Firewire, check out the TC Electronic Impact Twin as well.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jan,

a nice and up to date review of USB sound cards you can find at:

12 of the best budget USB audio interfaces | In/out issues | Tech News | MusicRadar

General recommendation for high-end measurements is that sound card should have a Signal to Noise ratio close to -120dB, and the audio outputs are 0 dB (0.775V), to ensure that automatic software voltage calibration is possible.

Regards,
Dragan

Yes those are my specs as well, the problem is finding a USB unit that meets them! ;)

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jan,

I'm on the same boat.
Actually trying to avoid the usual suspects, i.e. the EMU 0404 and 0402 models (which offer great specs but dodgy driver support), but I can't seem to find something that can match those specs, at least not on the same price range.
Best alternative I've come up with so far is the Focusrite Forte. Quite a bit more expensive, but it seems to be worth it and its quite compact (which is a plus) - so I'm about to bite the bullet and grab one.
Even $1000+ units don't seem to offer significantly better specs; just more I/O flexibility. Unless you are prepared to shell out serious cash for a Metric Halo LIO8 or something. ;)
If you don't mind going with Firewire, check out the TC Electronic Impact Twin as well.

I had an EMU 0404 and had continuous problems with the (no longer supported) drivers so in disgust I threw them out. F**k you EMU ;)

That Focusrite Forte seems OK, but what to think of this: 117dB ADC dynamic range, 117dB DAC DR, and then overall ADC-DAC 120dB DR??

Firewire would probably be better but I don't have that on my laptop and newer ones also seem to have lost that interface.

Jan

I had an EMU 0404 and had continuous problems with the (no longer supported) drivers so in disgust I threw them out. F**k you EMU ;)

Isn't it funny that with some of these devices when you try to use them full duplex the results are almost random. Same everything including OS on 3 computers, there must be kinks in the different USB chip sets.

BTW my EMU works fine on XP even input on one Audition and out from another instance of Audition in the backround, go figure.

Last edited:
That Focusrite Forte seems OK, but what to think of this: 117dB ADC dynamic range, 117dB DAC DR, and then overall ADC-DAC 120dB DR??

The 117 and 118dB are "real world" ADC & DAC DR values (respectively), i.e. what they actually measured (using the AES17 standard, allegedly). 120dB refers to the theoretical chip performance (datasheet-based I presume).
Full specs here. Also, member "Ouroboros" reports positive results in this post (and post #27 that follows).

Strangely enough, EMU still support the 0204 (unlike the 0404), but based on their past record, I wouldn't trust them either.

Last edited:
F**k you EMU

E-MU made great stuff until Creative bought them, then....well you know. I paid a whole lot of money for their 1820M module. It worked good on XP. It had a built in phono stage so I could rip vinyl at 24/96 or even 24/192. When I got a new machine with Vista E-MU refused to write Vista drivers for a $500 box that was less than 2 years old. After about a year they released "beta" drivers that crashed, or locked up the PC at least twice a week. Then they decided that all PCI (not PCIx) cards were no longer supported. Sell me a box for $500 then decide that it isn't supported anymore and tell me to buy a new PCIx version for $350....I don't think so. I will not buy Creative product EVER again.

I went back to my 5 year old M-audio 24/192 card. It is PCI and it works fine in W7 and I tried it in a W8.1 box with good results. Flat loop through response to about 85 KHz, noise floor about -98 db in a quiet computer. Try it in every PCI slot. Usually the slot furthest from the processor is best and get the video card as far away as possible. The older 2496 works good too, with response to 44 KHz.

I use a MOTU Micro Book II for portable recording. It works great, but I have not tried it for audio analysis.

We have added a new tool to our website - EasyLCR!

EasyLCR is a virtual LCR Meter. This application can be used for measuring inductance, capacitance and resistance. With this tool you can also measure:

• ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance)
  • EPR (Equivalent Parallel Resistance)
  • Reactance, Dissipation Factor and Q Factor
To make measurement hardware, you need only two 3.5 mm stereo jacks for the connection to Line IN and Line OUT connectors of your sound card, one 1000 Ohm metal film resistor, one jumper or a switch for calibration, a pair of crocodile clips to connect a part which is to be measured, a few wires and some basic wiring and soldering skills.

The only thing that must be done outside the EasyLCR application is setting the Reference Resistor value. Using a good ohm-meter you can fine tune the measuring precision by doing a resistance measurement of your metal film 1000 Ohm resistor and writing it to the EasyLCR.ini file, instead of the default 1000.0 value.

l1.png
l2.jpg

By the way, we have made a new version of our most popular program, EasyRTA, with added support for Windows 10 and an updated pricing, now only $10! Also, bitcoins are accepted :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.