Extreme Open Baffle Active Speaker inspired by Linkwitz LX521 - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th June 2014, 07:02 PM   #111
diyAudio Member

Hi Geegee,

In the Netherlands there is also a dipole with a mundorf amt for sale. Not sure if it is the d25.1 though. daudio
Old 30th June 2014, 07:24 PM   #112
Geegee is offline Geegee  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Nice , but ... the midrange can never be radiating in a perfect 8 throughout its full range , because the baffle is way too wide to reach the minimum Xover frequency of 1600 Hz to the tweeter without blowing up the radiation pattern
That's why I chose 2 x 13.8 cm wide midranges crossed over at 1750 Hz and because I have 190 cm^2 and 3.5 mm Xmax I can Xover as low as 250 hz , so that I can have a 500 mm dipole distance for my woofers
The wooders seem to be operating in a Ripole config
Old 4th July 2014, 12:25 PM   #113
diyAudio Member

Could you post your MiniDSP settings?

The midrange honk could be that the dipole peak for the mids isn't being adequately Eqed.

It can be tricky. My Orions needed a big cut at around 500Hz and I thought I'd have to move up a bit for the narrower baffle on my similar speakers to yours. In fact, I had to go all the way up to 1200Hz.

However, if it is pure mid honk, it is more likely to be the bass peak. I don't know if the LAT's work like a typical dipole, but if so there will be a rising response above 100Hz or so.

Measuring nearfield in the bass is tricky. I've usually ended up doing farfield measurements to give the dipole stuff time to develop. It may be heretical, but I think listening position measurements can also be very useful.
Old 6th August 2014, 04:57 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

This has nothing to do with the LX but nevertheless they look cool :http://download.sony-asia.com/consum...3877457611.pdf
Old 6th August 2014, 05:00 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

We are still working on the DSP settings.
Sorry for such slow progress.
Old 6th August 2014, 08:54 PM   #116
Geegee is offline Geegee  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
We are still working on the DSP settings.
Sorry for such slow progress.
me too , got a phase problem in the xover from bass to midrange . They already sound better than anything I made sofar , but still . Must say those Mundorf dipole airmoyton 25d1.1 tweeters are absolutely awesome ! The detail is just way beyond anything I ever heard . Miles ahead . Absolutely no complaints either about my Wavecor midranges , just superb and the wooofer section is very very clean wrt distortion
A DJ friend of mine said he never had heard a trumpet sounding so naturally and his comment about detail was also revealing : sometimes it is just too much to process

Last edited by Geegee; 6th August 2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 7th August 2014, 08:44 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Yes, that tweeters are very good.
Wavecor makes good drivers too.
Old 31st August 2014, 11:22 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Here is another picture of my LX setup at frickelfest 2014 :MiniDSP :: Topic: miniDSP at Frickelfest 2014 (1/1)
Old 1st September 2014, 07:55 AM   #119
diyAudio Member

Uh, that reminds me that I have to continue my work on the crossover

I'll start again when I have my kitchen ready end of this week...
Old 1st September 2014, 06:40 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

Thanks, i know you are busy but i am very eager to hear the result.

Hide this!Advertise here!