• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AudioPower DPS-500-DA in GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ooops! I hope a moderator can help me by deleting a copy. I apologize.
Hi, optionally you could self edit the duplicated post and remove its contents.

If I may, the new model raise questions
- is the DPS-500/UR due to replace DPS-500S ?
- if one want to choose betwen the 2 PSU models by comparing those, then what would be the respective advantages/disadvantages for each?

Hi, optionally you could self edit the duplicated post and remove its contents.

If I may, the new model raise questions
- is the DPS-500/UR due to replace DPS-500S ?
- if one want to choose betwen the 2 PSU models by comparing those, then what would be the respective advantages/disadvantages for each?

Really? but I see no edit pushbutton.

Primary differences between / S - / UR

The "S" version, is fully regulated by the owner synchronized analog power regulator stages, with dual feedback, and offers top performance as noise, and speed of response. if used in audio power amplifier is also capable of maintaining the voltage perfectly balanced between the two rail vcc, during the current demands, we know well be unbalanced. this is an additional benefit for an audio amplifier.

The "UR" is like an unregulated smps but with two new features that go well in the case of audio amplifiers.

1) the output voltage is independent of the ac line voltage, so we can adjust 62V for example, and see that they are very stable.

2) the output voltage is dependent from the current request, (as in the case of traditional unregulate smps), but with a percentage of fast regulation. we have set this value to about 30%.

So we have:
A smps very clean (this also uses a feedback loop) as opposed to a traditional unregulated.

A high ratio of power / size / heat
A well-fixed output voltage.

For me. Said the pros and cons, it is not easy,maybe is "condition" dependant. I think this version can be well accepted, in place of a large toroidal with big caps.
Out doubt, the "S" version, is "for us" in terms of measurements, we can not imagine better. :)

Regards

Stefania

Thanks a lot for your clear answers about the differences between the 2 PSUs.:nod:

Really? but I see no edit pushbutton.

:confused: I guess you are right for the present case perhaps for one of the following reasons though I don't know which one is at stake:
If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum (source: FAQ about Edit).

Edit: I could edit this post immediately after so perhaps it is just time limited on this thread.

Last edited:
Pictures?

Attachments

• _DSC0618-copia.jpg
    _DSC0618-copia.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 422
  • _DSC0619-copia.jpg
    _DSC0619-copia.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 406
  • _DSC0625-copia.jpg
    _DSC0625-copia.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 396
  • _DSC0626-copia.jpg
    _DSC0626-copia.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 381
  • _DSC0620-copia.jpg
    _DSC0620-copia.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 376
  • _DSC0621-copia.jpg
    _DSC0621-copia.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 89
  • _DSC0624-copia.jpg
    _DSC0624-copia.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.