• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

I'm ready to purchase.

Please post USD for:

• FO amplification for 2-channels
  • Stereo chassis w/CNC holes precut for: 2-channels FO amplification + one SMPS1200A400 + all required connectors (XLR or RCA, binding posts, IEC)
Power switch unnecessary.

What is availability? Lowest cost shipping to Western US?

Lazy Cat,
Notice first sentence!

I am full time industry professional. If "First One" is as good as hoped I can help with exposure and marketing.

Thanks!

Today I got my SMPS + Bigger Heatsinks,now I wonder if the SMPS has to be mounted to the Bottom or if I can use Stands (it is 1200A400 with that L-Profil)? What`s better?
In my demo amp SMPS1200A400 is mounted to the bottom plate via 5 mm spacers and it has no thermal issues whatsoever.

Best thing to have distance to the bottom plate is that mains wires can be routed in between, so practically invisible and shielded by two plates.

Instead standard plastic spacers I would rather recommend few 4-5 mm thick small Alu plates for the spacers, so still be to able to route the wires below SMPS. In this case heat will also be transferred to the bottom plate, although this is actually not needed since SMPS1200A400 is a highly efficient power supply with very low power losses.

If you have FO, what is your opinion, and how about comparisons to known amps?
I just have a L.C. VSSA. (FO is said to be slightly better)
My opinion about VSSA (i suppose it can apply to FO as well) ?
- One of the very few good amps i have ever heard in all my life (15 years ago, i was a sound engineer and studio technical manager), very close to my own 2X 140W current feedback amp. And i had used or heard near all the most prestigious amps of the market, at those times.
- Ultra detailed, dynamic, transparent, involving, no listening fatigue. Every record sound different, I can not find any own character. Results depends at the end on the power supply used and cabling... and the source.
- If well build with a good power supply, a plug and forget (no question) amplifier that will make-you discover the hidden defects in the rest of your chain and discover details in your records you had never noticed before in a very natural way. ;-)
- No doubt about the top quality price.

Last edited:
What's the best 1-3 amps you've heard?
Mission impossible.
Should need direct comparisons, side by side and a time machine...
Some very very expensive no global feedback VS Current feedback ones ? And it depend what i was looking for at this time: very analytic amplifier to dig in my mixages, or nice sounding, transparent and dynamic enough to enjoy music at home...
...Or a very harsh one, impressive and fatiguing, to demonstrate the mix to the artistic managers of the record companies ? ;-)
Well, my own amp and the VSSA (and a class D for sub basses) are the ones i use at the moment.
Among all those amps, i remember, long time ago the Studer A68 witch was my preferred at this time. I discovered recently it was a current feedback too :)

Last edited:
Good point!

If you have FO, what is your opinion, and how about comparisons to known amps?

Hi ro9397,

If you search within this thread on my username, you will find a couple of posts from me with my experience with the FO. I have owned quite a few amps lately, all of them said to be top notch for their price level, I've mentioned them in my previous posts.

My F.O.'s do have some more playtime and the sound "settled". I am still EXTREMELY happy with those amps. (I have build 2 mono's) EVERY other amp I had in the past didn't please me in every way (where the NAD M2 came close), but this one seems to.

I COMPLETELY agree with Esperado on this one: "Every record sound different, I can not find any own character. Results depends at the end on the power supply used and cabling... and the source."

Mark.

Chassis + First One + DC sense GB

Hi guys :wave2:

It could happen to the best also.

Fischer Elektronik, German heatsink producer, had delay on SK 157 heatsink production. They were able to sent 50 ordered pieces last Friday, so we got them today. SK 157 are now in preparations procedures to be completed this week. All other chassis materials long ago prepared, in current phase just to be merged with SK 157 heatsinks.

Deliveries now few days delayed, not my fault since the heatsinks were payed to Fischer in advance on 26th of May.

I have to apologize to all because of this force major.

Hopefully all of your's confirmations are still valid.

Best regards L.C. :cheers:

I am looking for Michael V. from Athens, Greece. He had ordered some power supplies recently and they arrived in Athens and must contact them for delivery within 2 days otherwise they will return and charge a huge return fee or will be destroyed. I sent several emails without replies. I hope he watch this thread more often and will react. DHL Wb 3049600400
thank you and sorry for off-topic.

Count me in for 2 channels if I'm not to late. I am stll awaiting PayPal invoice for 2 FO modules for delivery thru middleman.
Regards, Milan

Payment received, will be delivered together with DC sense. ;)

And for me +2 DC sense...

I'm collecting the orders today, proformas will be send to all. ;)

Not sure if I am too late for this? I am interested in a monoblock arrangement in a smaller chassis. I would be using it with quanghao's DAC-END R and would be nice to have a cosmetic match.

I'll send you proforma for First One modules plus DC sense, it's a match. ;)

I am interesting for two channels DC sense.

OK, no problem, proforma send today. ;)

Apologize to all for late replies, few vacation days spent, now it's time for action. :D