• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

First One Black&White exhibiton chassis

Hi all :wave2:

First One exhibiton-show chassis in B&W design just came into assembly line. :cool:

Me happy :spin:

Attachments

• FO BW Chassis 1.jpg
    FO BW Chassis 1.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 637
  • FO BW Chassis 2.jpg
    FO BW Chassis 2.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 598
  • FO BW Chassis 3.jpg
    FO BW Chassis 3.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 584
  • FO BW Chassis 4.jpg
    FO BW Chassis 4.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 563
  • FO BW Chassis 5.jpg
    FO BW Chassis 5.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 557
  • FO BW Chassis 6.jpg
    FO BW Chassis 6.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 259
Hi Dyna

C1 chassis is thermally optimized to accept two First One modules, two SMPS1200A400, two DC sense protection modules and in this last B&W iteration stereo VU rms-peak meter with three indication selections: VU off, -10 dB power level, 0 dB power level, also comes behind the front plate. See the post #1416 for detailed installation layout inside C1 chassis.

You could actually mecahnically fit in four First one modules and two SMPS1200A400 but in this case output bias current would have to be reduced to half.

First One battery powered preamp will also be installed in the same B&W C1 chassis, pictures follows in a day or two.

L.C. :cheers:

Hi Theo

DC sense PCB-s are here, 96 pcs. available at the moment, will be produced more if any interest. :cool:

They'll be sold as a small PCB kit, including:
- DC sense PCB, 1 pcs.
- optocoupler, 1 pcs.

The rest of the passive materials should be provided by the user, nothing special few resistors, diodes, capacitors.

DC sense PCB triggers the optocoupler at more than +/-1 V DC on the speaker output, which closes its output darlington to very low Uce_sat, thus close the circuit from shutdown pin to GND of any SMPS. Switch Imax=100 mA.

Price 8,00 EUR for one DC sense PCB kit. :)

GB starts bellow. ;)

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

Hi LC,

1 - What is the binding post spacing in mm (standard 19, 32)? I want to make sure it fits in my chassis already made holes.

2 - Does it work with DPS-500 and DPS-400 series SMPS from AudioPower?

3 - Do you still have some in stock?

Thanks
Do

Hi Do

1 - 25 mm spacing, 9 mm holes diameter
2 - no clue, DC sense output is Emitter-Collector pins in isolation (optocoupler output) with 100 mA current capability. Normally acting like a switch should be compatible with variety of SMPS
3 - yes, a lot

L.C. ;)

Bad luck for me... My hole pattern is ~30mm, oh well...

Maybe I can use one of the holes on a binding post and solder the second one with a cable? Would that work ok?

If yes, please send me an invoice for a stereo kit

Thanks
Do

Just take off 1 mm from side flank of each of the four holes (two on chassis two on DC sense PCB) and you could align them both. Direct fixation with nuts then possible just like intended to.

Would it also work the way I was thinking of doing it? Positive side on binding post and gnd with 12 gauge wire soldered from binding post to module?

Thanks
Do