First One - mosfet amplifier module - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th February 2014, 09:44 AM   #201
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Thanks Christophe

Both gentlemans welcome to send the suitable samples, I would be more than glad to test and compare all three SMPS-s.
Good Morning,
Ok , Gentleman answers
In the case of the DPS -500 / S , I'm not alone to decide , as I have said on other occasions .
So it seems only right to ask for some features of your amp, in order to formulate a precise offer . I can make today.
How much is the total rds -on (one side ) ?
"Potentially " what can be the minimum amount ?

The DPS- 500 / S needs ( in your case ) to be mounted in the center of the case , and use the bottom panel to dissipate heat , this means that the thickness can not be less than 3mm ( or must be added as rectangle , a panel , with spacers detached from the base of your case).

The problem is that the actual cost of production of 1 DPS -500 / S is 5-6 times a traditional smps same power output, in addition, to the use of expensive parts ( ceramic insulators , Rubbycon 105 , EMI filter , etc. .. etc , it uses a special custom transformer ( as described on the datasheet) , composed of 4 cores and eight assembled parts. the certified power of this power -unit is 2.5 kW , without a fan .
I think you should know this , or does not make sense the comparison .
An SMPS for audio amplifier , can not be judged solely from the voltage and current.
These are a few questions to see if we can create a discount for GB, if we can better adapt this smps to your good amplifier.
If you want to offer a product as ended , you have to evaluate all of this.
different is when you sell the pieces , and then everyone decides what to mount .
Obvious, this is my opinion

If we find a meeting point, with perfect adaptation of smps also, then I can send you two DPS-500 / S.

Roberto

Last edited by AP2; 8th February 2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 8th February 2014, 09:52 AM   #202
diyAudio Member

lazy cat is it possible to have the chassis prepared for both psu's? This way people can choose which one they want. The audio power seems quite good and is 100 cheaper, about 15% of total cost.
Old 8th February 2014, 09:55 AM   #203
diyAudio Member

Hi Roberto

Well, basic need is a good price for GB members, in a range of SMPS1200 or so. It should give stable +/-63 V voltage and currents up to 10 A rms if possible. So far I found a lot of producers of power amps SMPS-s, but up to now quality/price ratio is on SMPS1200 side. Be the one who changes this.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:02 AM   #204
Banned

Quote:
Hi Roberto

Well, basic need is a good price for GB members, in a range of SMPS1200 or so. It should give stable +/-63 V voltage and currents up to 10 A rms if possible. So far I found a lot of producers of power amps SMPS-s, but up to now quality/price ratio is on SMPS1200 side. Be the one who changes this.
Ok, understand well.
Please, what is the total rds-on on one side? i need this for calculate well some things, and then place in thread.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:19 AM   #205
diyAudio Member

Typically 0,5 Ohm at Vgs max.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:21 AM   #206
Banned

Quote:
Typically 0,5 Ohm at Vgs max.
total as you have two mosfet for side right?
Sorry, I not know your scheme.

Last edited by AP2; 8th February 2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:21 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos View Post
lazy cat is it possible to have the chassis prepared for both psu's? This way people can choose which one they want. The audio power seems quite good and is 100 cheaper, about 15% of total cost.
Roberto will tell us which version for which price. If decided, can be prepared for both SMPS-s.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:23 AM   #208
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
total as you have two mosfet for side right?
Total from rails to output.
Old 8th February 2014, 12:09 PM   #209
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Congrats LC , sounds like you have a winner on your hands and very interesting the choice of smps over linear psu. Question , why your choice of one pr over 2 pr outputs?

Technical ..?
Sonics ..?

Your fully balanced approach may just be the "cats " pajamas ..
Old 8th February 2014, 12:44 PM   #210
Banned

Hi,
I'm waiting for the response from the AP, to make a bid in the event of gb.

In the meantime, considering I repeat: if a PSU has a small decrease under the transients, the choice of the voltage-to-use, is different from a traditional psu.
But it seems that many people overlook this aspect.
This is the behavior of the First One Amp (if the rds-on by LC is correct), with a DPS-500 / S.
Simple 4R on resistive load.
Later, I put what happens (in terms of power) when the load is reactive, as a good 3-way speaker with passive crossover.
This is to say, if unregulated 63V smps've chosen, this means that a DPS-500 / S, must have 58V-60V Max. After this, everyone is free to choose the voltage that want.
I however, knowing the structure and the response of this special smps, I have to give this information.
Attached Images
File Type: png DPS-500-S-63V to First One Amp.png (27.2 KB, 481 views)

Last edited by AP2; 8th February 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!