• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am enjoying my V1.3 very much!

I still have a pair of (very wounded) V1.2.

Please don't ask how... I don't want to remember my "moment" of total failure.. But I have to ask ....can this First One V1.2 be saved? or do I have to arrange some kind of ceremony?

R.

LazyCat,

I too have a damaged module. Have sent emails... please reply.

Thx!

Greg Stewart

I am enjoying my V1.3 very much!

I still have a pair of (very wounded) V1.2.

Please don't ask how... I don't want to remember my "moment" of total failure.. But I have to ask ....can this First One V1.2 be saved? or do I have to arrange some kind of ceremony?

R.
Would suggest you to measure all thru-hole transistors, if they're bad, than there's a great chance that also many SMD semis are broken, so module doesn't worth to be repaired at all. What happened, reverse power supply polarity?

Ahhh, Avantgarde. I almost bought a demo pair of Trio's but did not pull the trigger. They are, however, still available. Now I might, along with a pair of your boards. Very nice, indeed. I usually build my speakers and find open baffle to be my preference but when I heard the Trio's I realized just how far my speakers were from the performance of the Trio's. Same gear on both pairs and the Trio's simply floored me.

Thank you for such a beautiful layout and design. As well as offering it to the DIY community for really nothing given your time, effort and energy.

Darren

Hi Darren
Along the years in audio many speakers impressed me but none as much as Trio, so I bought them in 2010. When driven properly Trio for me is the closest what speakers can do to bring you to reality but of course people decode sound pressure differently and as always many will disagree. Nevertheless I enjoy every minute listening these impressive speakers.
L.C. :cheers:

Ok thank you :), when will you begin the reservation?

best regards

As maybe all following this thread already know v1.4 was extensively tested for few months back and corrected or fine tuned just before release. So at the moment newest eight modules waited to be received, checkout to be performed and then launch and reservations will be started. As it is standing it looks in a week or two will started the whole thing. ;)

First One v1.4 M test series

Just s little teaser :)

L.C. :cheers:

Attachments

• First One v1.4 M 001.jpg
    First One v1.4 M 001.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 690
  • First One v1.4 M 002.jpg
    First One v1.4 M 002.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 790
Hi Lazy. Please PM me the price of those v1.4 modules. I think I will upgrade my 1.3
I think too, that already the 1.3 is better than my former Hypex NC1200 that I sold after hearing the First One. Much more space and detail with some natural softness added to the sound. And the Bass accuracy and slam !

Very wise decision, upgrade to v1.4 will transfer you to another world, guaranteed. Silence here doesn't mean nothing's happening behind the scenes, on contrary, latest eight modules from the test series above, have been molested, beaten to death, but surprisingly all survived and passed the test period successfully. So I guess now's the time to start the real series as befits.