Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2013, 07:43 PM   #11
lemon is offline lemon  Greece
diyAudio Member

Today I received my Curryman DAC.
Just I am waiting my usb->i2s to arrived, I am thinking to make the appropriates Salas regs for the dac.
The manual refers "The DAC board requires two power supplies:
a (regulated or unregulated) DC power supply for the DAC and XO in the range from 4.5V to 12V (max. 65mA) and a regulated bipolar DC power supply between +/-10V and +/-18V (max. 35mA per rail)."
Is there a spot voltage point like the (5V and 15V) or it is no care?
I see that used the Linear LT1761 that is low noise, is there need for something more exotic, for example what says here if the 3.6V of ESS gives from a Salas 3.6V reg?
I am imaging for the the buffer stage the quality of psu is more important.
Old 13th October 2013, 05:39 AM   #12
diyskat is offline diyskat  Australia
diyAudio Member

Daniel, I was trying to see what the shipping cost to Australia was on the minidsp site but it seems like Australia is not a supported destination. Any thoughts?
Old 13th October 2013, 12:54 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
Today I received my Curryman DAC.
Just I am waiting my usb->i2s to arrived, I am thinking to make the appropriates Salas regs for the dac.
The manual refers "The DAC board requires two power supplies:
a (regulated or unregulated) DC power supply for the DAC and XO in the range from 4.5V to 12V (max. 65mA) and a regulated bipolar DC power supply between +/-10V and +/-18V (max. 35mA per rail)."
Is there a spot voltage point like the (5V and 15V) or it is no care?
I see that used the Linear LT1761 that is low noise, is there need for something more exotic, for example what says here if the 3.6V of ESS gives from a Salas 3.6V reg?
I am imaging for the the buffer stage the quality of psu is more important.
Salas regs work very good for the buffer. +/- 12-15V will be perfectly fine. You'll not improve things going any higher since max output swing is 2Vrms and this works from arround +/-10V. Higher values will raise dissipation though.
The DAC uses MIC5205 as local regs which works quite well. 5V is perfectly fine here.
I did not test more "exotic" regs like salas here to be honest. Some experimented with other regs and also deactivating the charge pump and use external negative supply so they may like to jump in here. I like the simplicity of the Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyskat
Daniel, I was trying to see what the shipping cost to Australia was on the minidsp site but it seems like Australia is not a supported destination. Any thoughts?
To be honest I don't know if they ship to Australia (I guess they do). Maybe you should simply contact miniDSP and ask them?
Old 13th October 2013, 03:12 PM   #14
lemon is offline lemon  Greece
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the answer, Daniel.
I think (from the BOM list) that you used LT1761 here. I am new at your project and just I am looking right and the other thread "Build thread for ES9023 + JG Buffer boards (betatest)".
Old 14th October 2013, 12:37 AM   #15
ianrt is offline ianrt  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Shipping To Oz

Shipping is USD20 for a total cost of USD60

Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyskat View Post
Old 15th October 2013, 06:17 AM   #16
Mull3t is offline Mull3t  United States
diyAudio Member

I participated in the beta for this board and I can't say enough great things about it. Pick one up it's worth the $40 + shipping. Power supply wise I used the Sigma 25 from AMB.org. While it's not the fanciest power supply it did work quite well at the price point I was trying to achieve.
Old 4th November 2013, 08:13 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Availability of curryman ES9023 I2S DAC

Hello all,

after solving the DC offset issue the DACs will be available at miniDSP again quite soon.

In the meantime I have a few of the boards available. Those boards have been reworked with new BF862 FETs matched by me and are fully tested (overall functional test, DC offset max. +/-10mV for both channels). I'll sell them for 42 plus shipping (Europe preferred).

Please send me a PM if you are intereseted.

regards, Daniel
Old 7th November 2013, 03:47 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

All boards I had are sold.

Please order from miniDSP if you want some.

regards, Daniel
Old 11th November 2013, 10:21 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

The board arrived from Daniel this morning beautifully packaged. Thank god I didn't try to solder it myself....

Many thanks.
Old 19th November 2013, 11:11 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Default curryman DAC available again from miniDSP

Hi all,

just want to mention that the curryman I2S DAC is available again at miniDSP.com:

Curryman DAC based on ES9023 Back in Stock

According to miniDSP proper FET matching is part of the QC test routine now

kind regards, Daniel

Hide this!Advertise here!