SDA-400 Professional multi-way - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2014, 08:02 PM   #511
diyAudio Member

I agree with everything maxidcx said!

To be honest you could save some euros on the extra boards like the RCA/XLR or potentiometer because I don't use them and I'm probably not the only one.

About the capacitor I'm close to put everything in case (next week or so) that's why I asked. If you have already send the capacitor no need to send one again the first one will arrive one day (I hope!!! )

Keep the good work and I love your dedicated case for the SDA-400

Alexandre

edit: If UPS propose you 30/35 euros, stay away from Post-it because it's so terribly long!!! I don't remember the time it took for the amplifier but for the capacitor we're close to a month now.

Last edited by PandazYa; 27th February 2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 28th February 2014, 08:22 AM   #512
weskoki is offline weskoki  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxidcx View Post
Hello Folks;

this is a nice shining day here on the east side of the atlantics
this is the DPS+VSSA "in situ" this morning
Click the image to open in full size.

The first very good news , is that I cannot here any sort of noise in the tweet and comp. the DPS is clean and the PSSR of the VSSA is good. no need for additional coil or whatso ever fancy caps. no zzzz or chhh or fffff

this is the first 30' of sound so this is not possible to give any judgment of any kind, either for the combi VSSA-DPS or for any comparaison between SDA and VSSA if anyone wanted that, sorry

let me say the music is just Good, so good. Well, very conventional I d say. soft, cool, nice, that doesnt rock as the first try with the DPS-SDA, something different, here. bass very good, but not as tight and powerfull as SDS (yet?).
Voice/mids less brillant, more soft but sill good details.

well. I must stop otherwise I would start judging things which cannot at this stage

for those questioning VSSA with DPS, I feel very very good with this combinaison (compared to my DIY trafo 1200VA classA/B ). Still the 1000uF onboarded on the VSSA PCB might have a serious impact on sound.

for those questioning SDA vs classA/B, waouh, I m very very satisfied as you understood.

all of that needs more analysis...(and time!)

but my project of integrating both SDA and VSSA driven by DPS in a single solution is confirmed today.

good luck for your integration and enjoy the sound

I'm bit surprised in your findings(in a good way )
Now that the amps are burned in do you feel the same way?
Old 28th February 2014, 09:51 AM   #513
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Hi weskoki,
Explain well please,
what are "Burned" ?
Old 28th February 2014, 09:59 AM   #514
diyAudio Member

I think he means not completely new, and by that means that the amp are supposed to perform better after having been used some time.
Old 28th February 2014, 10:21 AM   #515
weskoki is offline weskoki  Europe
diyAudio Member

''Run in'' maybe a better word?
Old 28th February 2014, 10:31 AM   #516
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weskoki View Post
''Run in'' maybe a better word?
Ah .. I understood as "destroyed", Ahah...frankly, I have not been able to destroy an SDA.
Old 28th February 2014, 10:52 AM   #517
diyAudio Member

By the way you got a pm AP
There might be someone else soon to use vssa and dps
Old 28th February 2014, 02:16 PM   #518
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresnet View Post
woow

witch software you use to create these great sheets?
This connection diagram was made by Roberto.

Do
Old 28th February 2014, 02:23 PM   #519
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Hi Dominic,
The XLR input is independent from the isolation of smps. so if you want to use also rca, you have to isolate the gnd from the frame.
Check the regulators under the SDA-400, it is best to add a little insulation sheet. just a small rectangle.
I was asking because on the lower left corner of your connection diagram you wrote

"Important!!! If You use RCA (Unbal) as Input, replace this 3 spacers with Isolated plastic 7mm"

Thanks
Do
Old 28th February 2014, 02:32 PM   #520
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandazYa View Post
I agree with everything maxidcx said!

To be honest you could save some euros on the extra boards like the RCA/XLR or potentiometer because I don't use them and I'm probably not the only one.
I'm guessing that you get better SQ without using the volume input PCB of the SDA since the volume pot is omitted?

Roberto,
Looking at the input ribbon pinout, you have +/-15v and two led on this. What are the led indication for and what is the +/15Vdc supply for?

Thanks
Do

Hide this!Advertise here!