JLCreationsPh Class-D Amplifier Modules and PCBs - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2013, 05:30 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Upcoming modules...

2 pairs Class D with sot23 totem pole buffers.

30A Speaker Protect with Fan Control.
Attached Images
File Type: png JLAmp1200D (3 x 6in).PNG (184.8 KB, 983 views)
File Type: png Speaker Protect With Fan Ctrl (2.3 x 2.6in).PNG (103.9 KB, 713 views)
Old 4th September 2013, 03:34 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Wow, I have been looking for an amplifier board like this. I have some 500VA 62-0-62V transformers that I would like to use but the rail voltage is a little too high for most other boards using the IRS2092. Rails will be around +/-85VDC - is that too high for the board?

When do you think that you will have the latest version back from production? Are you offering only PCB plus parts list, or also assembled/tested amp board?

Last edited by CharlieLaub; 4th September 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 5th September 2013, 02:20 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
Wow, I have been looking for an amplifier board like this. I have some 500VA 62-0-62V transformers that I would like to use but the rail voltage is a little too high for most other boards using the IRS2092. Rails will be around +/-85VDC - is that too high for the board?

When do you think that you will have the latest version back from production? Are you offering only PCB plus parts list, or also assembled/tested amp board?
Yes, 500VA 62-0-62VAC is ok, but with 1 pair IRFB4227 version (JLAmp1000D) the load should not be less than 4 ohms. +-85VDC Unloaded voltage is ok using your transformer, because I assume it will sag at heavy usage.

Hopefully the PCBs will arrive before October. It will be sold as PCB only, I haven't sourced the parts yet.
For 1 pair version it will be sold as assembled/tested kit.
Old 6th September 2013, 03:44 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlester87 View Post
Yes, 500VA 62-0-62VAC is ok, but with 1 pair IRFB4227 version (JLAmp1000D) the load should not be less than 4 ohms. +-85VDC Unloaded voltage is ok using your transformer, because I assume it will sag at heavy usage.

Hopefully the PCBs will arrive before October. It will be sold as PCB only, I haven't sourced the parts yet.
For 1 pair version it will be sold as assembled/tested kit.
Actually, I am holding out for the 2 pair version, which I think is pictured below. I have a question about it:

Click the image to open in full size.

Question: Do the output devices mount below the board (assuming we are looking at the top surface in the image above) and are bent over at 90 degrees and screwed down to a heatsink that everything is mounted on? I assume that is what the four largish holes in the PCB are for - to tighten the screws that fasten the transistors to the heat sink. If this is not correct, then how are the devices mounted to the heat sink?

When you have the PCBs ready, will you also release a BOM for major suppliers in the USA like DigiKey or Mouser? Some of these allow you to upload a spreadsheet BOM and it makes ordering much faster. But this will take some work on your part.

When do you think that you will have one of the new (2 pair) boards built and tested?

-Charlie
Old 6th September 2013, 08:24 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Question: Do the output devices mount below the board (assuming we are looking at the top surface in the image above) and are bent over at 90 degrees and screwed down to a heatsink that everything is mounted on? I assume that is what the four largish holes in the PCB are for - to tighten the screws that fasten the transistors to the heat sink. If this is not correct, then how are the devices mounted to the heat sink?

When you have the PCBs ready, will you also release a BOM for major suppliers in the USA like DigiKey or Mouser? Some of these allow you to upload a spreadsheet BOM and it makes ordering much faster. But this will take some work on your part.

When do you think that you will have one of the new (2 pair) boards built and tested?

-Charlie
Yes the mosfets will be mounted under the board.

I've created an assembly manual which includes the BOM, the part numbers are specified and it has the product code for RS Components and Element14.

I'll have a built and tested 2 pairs maybe 3 weeks after the PCBs arrived.

Lester
Attached Images
File Type: png board.PNG (635.4 KB, 617 views)
File Type: png heatsink.PNG (730.2 KB, 559 views)
Old 10th October 2013, 11:09 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes the mosfets will be mounted under the board.

I've created an assembly manual which includes the BOM, the part numbers are specified and it has the product code for RS Components and Element14.

I'll have a built and tested 2 pairs maybe 3 weeks after the PCBs arrived.

Lester
Have the boards arrived and have you had a chance to build one up?

I'm still very interested in the new version, if it works as advertised...
Old 11th October 2013, 10:35 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Have the boards arrived and have you had a chance to build one up?

I'm still very interested in the new version, if it works as advertised...
Didn't arrive yet, there was some problem in shipping according to our middleman. It should have arrived by now if they chose different shipping option.

Yes it will definitely work as advertised
Old 15th October 2013, 10:19 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

The boards have arrived

JLAmp1200D Amplifier PCB

Softstart (Can also be configured and used as Power-On Delay)

Speaker Protect with Fan Control

Old 26th October 2013, 08:27 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Have you had a chance to populate and test any of these boards yet?

I'm eager to see some test results on them!
Old 30th October 2013, 06:37 AM   #30
jaagut is offline jaagut  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Simple mono speaker protect for my amplifier.

Uses 30A relay.

Hi JPLester,

In this schematic of yours, I see that amp output connector is connected to ground (not speaker) by default via the relay. Is it also true with the actual relay by default, or the opposite?

Could you teach us how this circuit works?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png Protect.png (58.1 KB, 250 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!