FS: Audio Equipment Modification Services - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2013, 10:31 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Audio Equipment Modification Services

Hello DIYAudio!

Do you need your amplifier, preamp, or DAC modified? I know some of you would like to modify your equipment after seeing some of the fantastically in-depth and helpful threads here, but aren't experienced with a soldering iron.

I am an student currently attending Georgia State University, majoring in Electronics Engineering Technology and would like to help you out. I build audio electronics in my spare time -- I've built many different types of audio circuits including DACs based on the CS, AKM, TI and AD oversampling DAC chips, as well as NOS circuits based on the TDA series. I've built preamps based on op-amps as well as discrete circuits, discrete power amplifiers based on available designs such as the JLH 1969, Hiraga, and Pass circuits, and many "chip-amps" as well. I am mostly experienced with solid-state circuits, but I do have basic experience with tube circuits as well. My own audio system is comprised completely of self-built or modified equipment, and I am confident in my skills to make good equipment become great equipment.

I have modified equipment for a few satisfied local audio enthusiasts, and would like to expand a bit and offer my services to you guys as well.

Send me a PM if you need anything modified, and we can work something out for an affordable price.

Thanks!
-WWG
Old 22nd June 2013, 09:37 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Just repaired an older Fisher Studio Series receiver for a local customer, upgraded power supply capacitors to Nichicon KG and op-amps from NJM4556s to LME49720s, cleaned and lubricated all pots. He's very happy with the new sound.
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:04 PM   #3
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

You may want to consider making a post in the vender bazar and adding pics of the work you have done. I think it's cool that you are offering this service and I am sure there are people out there who could use it.
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:49 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That's a good idea. I should document any repair work I do with pictures and maybe get a vendor thread up
Old 25th June 2013, 09:00 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

bump
Old 26th June 2013, 04:11 AM   #6
usp1 is offline usp1  United States
diyAudio Member

Why not complete the Buffalo Dac you have for sale and sell it as an example of your work?
Old 26th June 2013, 03:51 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I'm looking for some one willing to have a go at a pre amp that the "professionals" have wrecked for me .......... but needs to be in UK preferably midlands based
Old 27th June 2013, 09:10 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usp1 View Post
Why not complete the Buffalo Dac you have for sale and sell it as an example of your work?
While that is an idea with merit, I would simply like to put the money into other projects at the moment.
Old 30th June 2013, 07:58 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi guys! I just modified the crossovers of a pair of Yamaha NS-244 speakers with better caps, built some Neve-clone preamp cards, and modified two Soundcraft mixers with better op-amps, caps, and mic input transistors on all 24 channels and the master section as well.

Needless to say, the guy is really happy and he will be having me back in a few weeks to recap and re-valve one of his guitar amplifiers.
Old 30th June 2013, 09:47 AM   #10
diyAudio Moderator

Moved to Vendors
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!