"The Wire" Official Boards for All Projects Available Here! BAL-BAL, SE-SE, LPUHP - Page 60 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2014, 02:25 PM   #591
diyAudio Member

Hello,
RR71C331MDN1 Nichicon | Mouser from The Wire amp board are currently out of stock at mouser. Can someone suggest any good replacement which is in stock? Is PLF1C331MDO1 Nichicon | Mouser ok?
Old 28th June 2014, 05:07 PM   #592
Fsatsil is offline Fsatsil  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastor L View Post
Alright, I'll follow the usual BOM, I'm just curious if there's any alternative routes or experiments, especially in the buffer section.

For example, I wonder what would happen if you put a different buffer like LT1010 or another pair of LME49990 where the LME49600 is, or if we can simply bypass the LME49600 and listen buffer-less.

The reason would be purity, like "a pure LME49990 circuit", without the subtle differences in electron shifts, circuit type or slew-rate induced distortion etc. the LME49600 theoretically causes hehe :-).

I respect the design as it is, however if the only difference in buffer-less or 4x LME49990 is lower mA output then I would like to try.
If you bypass the buffer it wouldn't be "the Wire" any longer. Take a look here AGDR had an idea about using paralleled lme49990s for a headphone amp.
Old 28th June 2014, 10:10 PM   #593
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Kastor L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsatsil View Post
If you bypass the buffer it wouldn't be "the Wire" any longer. Take a look here AGDR had an idea about using paralleled lme49990s for a headphone amp.
Point taken and I extend my salaciousness for the link provided.
Old 2nd July 2014, 03:11 AM   #594
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamboszeK View Post
That should work just fine. The only significant differences are 2000 hrs life vs. 5000 hrs and 50% higher leakage current, neither of which should matter for this circuit.
Old 2nd July 2014, 02:28 PM   #595
diyAudio Member

Thanks for response agdr, anyway placed order already Package from mouser should arrive tomorrow, I hope Owen will process my order soon and send me PCBs. Can't wait to assemble my second The Wire!
Old 8th July 2014, 03:22 AM   #596
juswyq is offline juswyq  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Been over a week since I paid; Owen, when will it be shipped out? Thanks.
Old 11th July 2014, 03:21 PM   #597
diyAudio Member

I finally found solution to DC transient during turning off described by me and @BuildMeSomething at page 45.
It was caused by LED indicating power. Even such small load at only one power rail was causing discharging capacitors asymmetrically and causing DC transient at powering off. After removing that LED transient to not exceed 50mV, down from 1.9V spike before.
Anyway power LED is very handy and now i wonder how to connect it without problems.
A better solution would be connecting second LED balancing load to negative rail or maybe just connecting LED straight to transformer by simple bridge?
Old 11th July 2014, 03:43 PM   #598
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Gents,

juswyq:

Boards will be shipping out today for anyone who placed an order over the last few weeks.

BamboszeK:

Glad to hear you tracked down the source of the transient! I suppose you could always wire the LED across the + and - supplies with a larger resistor to cope with the higher voltage drop. This would at least load the two supplies symmetrically.

Regards,
Owen
Old 11th July 2014, 09:39 PM   #599
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I often connect an indicating LED across the +ve to -ve supply rails.

To get a better idea of low voltage, I use a Zener somewhere between half supply voltage and three/quarters of supply voltage.

This turns the LED off fairly quickly if the supply voltage is low for some unknown reason.
Old 13th July 2014, 04:14 PM   #600
manudrz is offline manudrz  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Owen.
Will “The Wire” LME49830 Lateral FET Power Amplifier be available again and if so, when?
Will you still sell kit parts at $78 per channel?
Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!