"The Wire" Official Boards for All Projects Available Here! BAL-BAL, SE-SE, LPUHP - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2013, 08:50 PM   #91
diyAudio Member

Great news, glad everything is starting to come together now. Really can't wait to get my hands on the new LPUHP boards
Old 10th October 2013, 09:33 PM   #92
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post
Great news, glad everything is starting to come together now. Really can't wait to get my hands on the new LPUHP boards
Me too! It's the one board I'm most excited to build, test and listen to!

I'll get the board and part outlines up tonight, so people will have some idea of what is needed on the chassis side.

The new heatsinking arrangement on the LPUHP is a huge bonus, and makes it much easier to keep the devices cool, and to mount the heatsink.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 11th October 2013, 07:27 AM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post
Me too! It's the one board I'm most excited to build, test and listen to!

I'll get the board and part outlines up tonight, so people will have some idea of what is needed on the chassis side.

The new heatsinking arrangement on the LPUHP is a huge bonus, and makes it much easier to keep the devices cool, and to mount the heatsink.

Cheers,
Owen
Hi Owen,

Iam new to this thread, but would like to build a SE-SE. are they still available. Iam not able to make out the status now - so this question.
Please let me know if its ok to add to your excel..

Rgds
Vinod
Old 11th October 2013, 07:50 AM   #94
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodt1347 View Post
Hi Owen,

Iam new to this thread, but would like to build a SE-SE. are they still available. Iam not able to make out the status now - so this question.
Please let me know if its ok to add to your excel..

Rgds
Vinod
See Post #90 posted less than 24 hours earlier (my edit in bold):

Quote:
Anyone else with various questions about how to order, or if it's too late to order, please see post 1 of this thread, and I will make it clear in post 1 if I run out of anything or if I close the ordering. As of right now, I will have plenty of boards on hand to fill all outstanding orders, and many more.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 11th October 2013, 07:55 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, these were not very popular overall, so they were not included with this round. I would suggest if you really need this arrangement, you can look at the LPUHP which essentially shares the same front end as the BAL-SE, but has more output devices. You can always just populate a pair of them and then you basically have monoblock BAL-SE headphone amps.
Added a LPUHP to my order .

One more question, are the schematics found on the wiki still correct and up-to-date? Noticed that you last updated almost two years ago.
Old 11th October 2013, 08:10 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Popaleetus View Post
Added a LPUHP to my order .

One more question, are the schematics found on the wiki still correct and up-to-date? Noticed that you last updated almost two years ago.
For the most part, yes... the SE-SE, BAL-BAL and Power Amp will be identical.

The LPUHP will mostly be the same, but the regulator section has been upgraded and now uses LT regulators.

The PSU has also been upgraded to use TI TPS7A3301 regulators for both rails.

I will post updated schematics as I build up test boards so I can be certain of final values.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 27th October 2013, 11:57 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

Order placed.

I'm assuming you are no longer shipping out the old PSU boards. Has the schematic changed much?
Old 29th October 2013, 08:38 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Add 2 x PSU PCB's to my order ... still looking at doing some form of digital/USB to EQ to DAC setup and am sure a few good PSU's will come in handy

Paul
Old 29th October 2013, 09:01 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

As a quick update, the NTD1 boards arrived yesterday, but there was a shipping mix up and the main panels with all the other boards won't be here until the end of this week.

I will be sending out payment requests early next week as I should have all boards built and verified over this weekend.

I again apologize for the delays, I ordered the boards from a different supplier than I usually do, and things haven't been as smooth as I was hoping for

Q&A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinsComments View Post
Order placed.

I'm assuming you are no longer shipping out the old PSU boards. Has the schematic changed much?
Correct... it will all be the new and improved boards from now on. There is a marginal price increase as the regulators cost more than the standard LM317/337 used to, but the added performance certainly justifies the relatively small price increase. If people work together and organize decent group buys for parts, the cost of the regs is really only about $5 more per board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post
Add 2 x PSU PCB's to my order ... still looking at doing some form of digital/USB to EQ to DAC setup and am sure a few good PSU's will come in handy

Paul
Indeed they are! Fully adjustable from +/-1.4V to +/-36V with only a resistor change, and good for up 1A of current if you're not dropping too much voltage. The dropout voltage is also much better than the old LM regs, so people can run slightly lower input rails for a give output voltage.

Add to that the extremely low noise and very good PSRR and it will make a great general purpose supply!

Cheers,
Owen
Old 29th October 2013, 09:27 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Hi Owen,
This is great news!

A small question regarding the PSU board: Any reason to choose dual TPS7A3301 instead of dual TPS7A4700? The datasheets seem to indicate better performance from the later.

Hide this!Advertise here!