Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2013, 05:09 AM   #11
HonorPC is offline HonorPC  United States
diyAudio Member

USPS web site says that a small flat rate box costs $16.95 to send to Australia. Adjusting for PayPal fees brings that to $17.75. Six pairs is $71.94, so the grand total would be $89.69. This assumes that there is no issue with sending merchandise to Australia, such as customs.
Old 19th January 2013, 05:46 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
Any chance you could pop them into a padded envelope and ship via USPS First Class Intl'?

Old 19th January 2013, 07:25 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

If you could/would adjust your eBay listing ....

It says that they can't be sent to Australia, and there's no way to complete the sale process.
Old 19th January 2013, 09:37 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Small flat rate box cost is identical to that of a First Class padded envelope. Small flat rate box offers better protection.
Old 19th January 2013, 09:59 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

The presence of customs between myself and the buyer poses potential problems that might unfairly reflect upon me, the seller. As eBay puts it, "Make sure all your international listings include a clear message to buyers about their responsibility for customs fees. If you include this message, eBay will remove negative or neutral Feedback given on those listings due to customs delays or fees. Please make sure you read and follow the requirements for this message so that you are fully protected. Represent the value of the item (closing price) accurately on customs forms. And don't mark an international item as a gift on customs forms. It's against the law."

There is no way for me to know how every destination country would handle U.S. goods, e.g., whether they would delay/stop a package, whether they would charge duties, or the cost of duties. I would ask any potential international buyer to look into this with respect to his/her country of residence. If the buyer still wished to complete a transaction, I would send a PayPal invoice directly to their email address. Such a transaction is not prohibited by eBay, as the buyer found the seller via DIY Audio. eBay policy reads, "We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay."

Last edited by HonorPC; 19th January 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 19th January 2013, 11:28 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

There is a straightforward trade system between Oz and the US, you just need to correctly itemize the products and price them properly - no problems

If you would send me a Paypal invoice, including all costs for the 6 pairs, that will do quite well, and thanks.
Old 19th January 2013, 03:49 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Could you be more specific regarding "correctly itemize the products and price them properly?" Also, please send your PayPal email address via PM.

Last edited by HonorPC; 19th January 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 24th January 2013, 08:47 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

excuse me if this is really obvious but, is the ground/shield soldered onto the notch on the body of the socket?
thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 09:30 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Good question. Yes, and that is one of the advantages of these connectors. With more conventional RCA sockets, the ground is reliant upon the torque of the mounting hardware and the cleanliness of the solder lug. By using a body notch instead, a non-soldered interface is eliminated from the signal path.

A member recently posted a query about the mounting nut being positioned outside of the chassis. The external mounting nut is what makes the body notch possible, because during assembly, the connector body does not have to be passed through the mounting hole, which would be obstructed by the solder joint.
Old 24th January 2013, 05:27 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

I ordered by ebay 4 pieces in one order & 2 pěeces in other order, could you send me a paypal invoice with the total?

Hide this!Advertise here!