• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

50 Free SYMEF PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@Harrison,

1. Thank you very much for the recent mails and I am pleased that my boards are 'en route' to Scotland.

2. Same problem as above:

I cannot download the BoM on my Mac. All .pdf opening software comes up with 'damaged file' messages! Any ideas?
[It opens direct from your site, but again, will not save or print.]

Many thanks,

Brian

Last edited:
@Harrison,

1. Thank you very much for the recent mails and I am pleased that my boards are 'en route' to Scotland.
Thank you. Looking forward Brian. :)

2. Same problem as above:

I cannot download the BoM on my Mac. All .pdf opening software comes up with 'damaged file' messages! Any ideas?
[It opens direct from your site, but again, will not save or print.]

Many thanks,

Brian
If the problem persists on the Mac let me know.

kind regards

Harrison.

It is a pity that I have not discovered this thread earlier. I was ver pleased with the listening results of my first build of the SYMEF amplifier, and I would be very happy to built a second one, but I see I am to late to have a set of PCB v. II
Harrison, I will wait for your next project that you told us in your last post in the SYMEF thread.
I stll have not finish my 1DIFFQC project, due to a stupid failure I did. A couple of TIP 142 went to "heaven". Repairing was set on hold because of a "house project" (painting) before Christmas.
For the time I am finishing my variotrafo project. As soon as I am throuh with this, I will give 1DIFFQC a new try. I hope to come back with a short listening test to 1DIFFQC compared to SYMEF.

Eivind Stillingen

Attachments

• DSCF0802.JPG
    DSCF0802.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF0803.JPG
    DSCF0803.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF0804.JPG
    DSCF0804.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 139
It is a pity that I have not discovered this thread earlier. I was ver pleased with the listening results of my first build of the SYMEF amplifier, and I would be very happy to built a second one, but I see I am to late to have a set of PCB v. II
Harrison, I will wait for your next project that you told us in your last post in the SYMEF thread.
I stll have not finish my 1DIFFQC project, due to a stupid failure I did. A couple of TIP 142 went to "heaven". Repairing was set on hold because of a "house project" (painting) before Christmas.
For the time I am finishing my variotrafo project. As soon as I am throuh with this, I will give 1DIFFQC a new try. I hope to come back with a short listening test to 1DIFFQC compared to SYMEF.

Eivind Stillingen

Looking forward Liliya, :D

Thanks again, Harrison.

Sorry for the fuss......I am running Fiefox19.0.2 - a beta test browser - and have now had similar problems with their new .pdf viewer. Save a .pdf and it gives a message saying "damaged file". [I'd just managed to get them to print when the ink ran out ... totally forgot to reorder - so it will be a few days before I receive some. Our local town is a one horse town and that died last year!.....beautiful countryside though.]

TYPE 2

1. Place unpopulated PCB on heat-sink.
2. Use ink to mark the lead positions on the heat-sink.
3. Place transistors on heat sink with the pins bent straight up
4. Align the transistors leads with the ink marks
5. Use ink to mark the mounting holes of each transistor
6. Drill mounting holes
7. Mount transistors
8. Populate PCB
9. Place PCB over transistors
10. solder the transistors

thank you for the explanation.
IMHO, this is not a practical way.

Omar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.