• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Use the search this thread function. Search for VSSA BOM.
In other words, you don't know either... ;)

Jokes aside, if you mean the one posted on March 19, I printed it out two weeks ago. That was post 705. I did not come across a definitive list of what is not assembled on the GB circuit board, and not included in the GB, although I suspect there is one somewhere in the intervening 250 posts, therefore my Q.

(feel free to seach for the meaning of the work 'definitive") in your most convenient online dictionary... :D)

I like to plan ahead. Just for an example, the Vishay MKT cap is only available from my preferred distributor with a $20 freight charge. While that is not a big a-$$ deal, and I like to avoid unnecessary surprises, like having to stack up spacers, just b/c an exactly 2-mm thick insulator does not happen to be on hand, etc...

I wouldn't mind if I have to assemble it all by myself and I wouldn't mind either if "someone" could send me all the parts needed...group buy???
Within one area, that might make sense... especially if you have a part that costs $2-3 and has a $20 shipping charge like that Vishay cap with 15-mm spacing...

...3-4 different continents not so much :(

Either way, if one uses power supplies for around 100 Euro each, this will not be a cheap build!

VSSA GB INFO

Hi guys :wave:

Hope you're doing all right. :cool:

As you all probably know VSSA PCB-s are in the production and will be finished probably later next week.

I just want to notice that all SMD material will be preinstalled and the rest of the semiconductors already in the package.

Only 8 parts - capacitors would have to be provided by each GB member individually:

- 10 uF MKT, 2 pcs/PCB
- 1000 uF/50 V, 4 pcs/PCB
- 2200 uF/6,3 V, 2 pcs/PCB

These capacitors should be, as recommendation for the best sound, of top quality available.

I suggest you all to install Vishay-Roederstein and Nichicon, as the best results so far were achieved by these two brands. :yes:

Next info will be about the pricing and addresses. Will be in touch soon. ;)

VSSA GB material info

Whouaou.
It looks terrific. So to make it short can I still be in the GB ?

Yes, there will be 250 sets in this GB, so at this time there are still some 30 PCB sets available. ;)

Capacitor dimensions for VSSA PCB:

- 10 uF/63 V, MKT, Vishay-Roederstein, 2 pcs
Lead Spacing: 15 mm
External Depth: 8.5 mm
External Height: 17.5 mm
External Width: 18 mm

- 2200 uF/6,3 V, FG, Nichicon, 2 pcs
Lead Spacing: 5 mm
External Diameter: 12,5 mm
External Height: 25 mm

- 1000 uF/50 V, FG, Nichicon, 4 pcs
Lead Spacing: 7,5 mm
External Diameter: 16 mm
External Height: 31,5 mm

Three preinstalled SMD trimmers will be permanently located on PCB, type 5 tourns, Bourns, for DC offset/VAS bias (2) and output bias (1) setting.

I will also add a Kapton insulator for TO-247 and two plastic spacers for TO-126.

Assembling and calibration will be straightforward and very simple. :yes:

Regards Andrej :cheers:

Yes, there will be 250 sets in this GB, so at this time there are still some 30 PCB sets available. ;)

Capacitor dimensions for VSSA PCB:

- 10 uF/63 V, MKT, Vishay-Roederstein, 2 pcs
Lead Spacing: 15 mm
External Depth: 8.5 mm
External Height: 17.5 mm
External Width: 18 mm

- 2200 uF/6,3 V, FG, Nichicon, 2 pcs
Lead Spacing: 5 mm
External Diameter: 12,5 mm
External Height: 25 mm

- 1000 uF/50 V, FG, Nichicon, 4 pcs
Lead Spacing: 7,5 mm
External Diameter: 16 mm
External Height: 31,5 mm

Three preinstalled SMD trimmers will be permanently located on PCB, type 5 tourns, Bourns, for DC offset/VAS bias (2) and output bias (1) setting.

I will also add a Kapton insulator for TO-247 and two plastic spacers for TO-126.

Assembling and calibration will be straightforward and very simple. :yes:

Regards Andrej :cheers:

Andrej you are :djinn::djinn::djinn:

Marc