VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 97 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2013, 01:42 PM   #961
PMI is offline PMI  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
Use the search this thread function. Search for VSSA BOM.
In other words, you don't know either...

Jokes aside, if you mean the one posted on March 19, I printed it out two weeks ago. That was post 705. I did not come across a definitive list of what is not assembled on the GB circuit board, and not included in the GB, although I suspect there is one somewhere in the intervening 250 posts, therefore my Q.

(feel free to seach for the meaning of the work 'definitive") in your most convenient online dictionary... )

I like to plan ahead. Just for an example, the Vishay MKT cap is only available from my preferred distributor with a $20 freight charge. While that is not a big a-$$ deal, and I like to avoid unnecessary surprises, like having to stack up spacers, just b/c an exactly 2-mm thick insulator does not happen to be on hand, etc...
Old 9th April 2013, 02:07 PM   #962
Rick G is offline Rick G  United States
diyAudio Member

No offense taken. In that case, you are correct. there is no 'definitive" list as of yet. LC is still working on what he can get preassembled on the boards.
Old 9th April 2013, 05:18 PM   #963
diyAudio Member

I think soldering (and desoldering) SMD parts is entertaining and even therapeutic, but ordering the parts for the BOM is very boring and fatiguing...

I wouldn't mind if I have to assemble it all by myself and I wouldn't mind either if "someone" could send me all the parts needed...group buy???

Just an opinion.
M.
Old 9th April 2013, 05:30 PM   #964
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlorenz View Post
I wouldn't mind if I have to assemble it all by myself and I wouldn't mind either if "someone" could send me all the parts needed...group buy???
Within one area, that might make sense... especially if you have a part that costs $2-3 and has a $20 shipping charge like that Vishay cap with 15-mm spacing...

...3-4 different continents not so much

Either way, if one uses power supplies for around 100 Euro each, this will not be a cheap build!
Old 10th April 2013, 12:57 AM   #965
diyAudio Member

You're right. It's only laziness from my part.
I can order through RScomponents, pay their high prices and forget about shipping troubles...or through Digikey...
Anyway, I think I'll also build the original VSSA with the parts available in the parts box.
Old 10th April 2013, 08:45 AM   #966
diyAudio Member

Exclamation VSSA GB INFO

Hi guys

Hope you're doing all right.

As you all probably know VSSA PCB-s are in the production and will be finished probably later next week.

I just want to notice that all SMD material will be preinstalled and the rest of the semiconductors already in the package.

Only 8 parts - capacitors would have to be provided by each GB member individually:

- 10 uF MKT, 2 pcs/PCB
- 1000 uF/50 V, 4 pcs/PCB
- 2200 uF/6,3 V, 2 pcs/PCB

These capacitors should be, as recommendation for the best sound, of top quality available.

I suggest you all to install Vishay-Roederstein and Nichicon, as the best results so far were achieved by these two brands.

Next info will be about the pricing and addresses. Will be in touch soon.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:24 AM   #967
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Thanks LC.

I emailed my details (as requested) a few days ago. I assume that you will invoice by email/PM when all costs are finalised.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:42 AM   #968
diyAudio Member

Excellent!
Thank you Lazy Cat.

M.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:50 AM   #969
Tyimo is offline Tyimo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
After you set up the mentioned bias at first you have to use the two (one each side) trimmer to get read of the offset totally, after full warm up readjust it.
I cann't see any trimmer on the sides in the schematic. Only one in the middle.1K That is for biasing.
Old 10th April 2013, 12:44 PM   #970
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyimo View Post
I cann't see any trimmer on the sides in the schematic. Only one in the middle.1K That is for biasing.
I think the trimmers are intended to be removed, measured, and replaced with matched surface-mount (?) resistors. There is a pic with surface mount trimmers somewhere here.

Hide this!Advertise here!