• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Module ground is not connected to a case/earth point just yet. I was questioning my washer or MOSFET mounting technique before moving to gounding. Although, I would appreciate directions on how to implement 3 way grounding (speakers GND, earth and PSU GND) on one faston connector.

Module ground is not connected to a case/earth point just yet. I was questioning my washer or MOSFET mounting technique before moving to gounding. Although, I would appreciate directions on how to implement 3 way grounding (speakers GND, earth and PSU GND) on one faston connector.

OK, please follow VSSA Installation instructions for mosfet and all other transistors assembly. In any case 22 Ohm protection resistors in calibration phase will protect the VSSA if something not in order.

Grounding schematic and its stated corrections is 100% tested in three metal case assemblies up to now. It is dead quiet on speakers membranes also no mechanical hum from amplifier itself, made for late night easy listening too. :cloud9:

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I was following your provided instructions with care. Just felt weird having continuity on the mosfets to heatsink. So if it's a green llight I'l proceed to adjusting with my 35V unregulated PSU. I'm waiting for my second DMM to arrive. But maybe with a bit of luck I could adjust it only with one DMM. Wish me luck. :c_flag:

My VSSA modules are build.

Attachments

• VSSA build 1.jpg
    VSSA build 1.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 601
  • VSSA build 2.jpg
    VSSA build 2.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 589
Calling sng001, PMI, miksi and all others to show current results on VSSA modules assembly. Is anyone there already made a working amplifier base on VSSA? :sing:

I'm not at home at the moment but yesterday I've replaced R19 and R20 with 1206 combo- 4x10 ohm, R23 was very difficult to remove so it's just piggybacked with 1206 zero ohm 'resistor'. Grounding finished as in schematic given earlier. Both channels turned on for about hour (everything was OK). Later afternoon, when I get home I will check whether hum problem was resolved when in audio chain, or not.

Last edited:
Look to my SSA thread's final schematic (signature link bellow) and see what you need to do to use bipolar outputs. You cannot just replace laterals with bipolars, it would simply not "drink the water". :no:

Sorry again for small off topic.
It is ''drinking the water'' in really amazing way.
I putted BJT toshiba drivers and outputs + little mod. Thanks LC for vssa again.
I did some pulse response test and must say that I have never had so quick bjt amp ever.

Attachments

• bg1 - 1kHz.png
    bg1 - 1kHz.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 526
  • bg1 amp.jpg
    bg1 amp.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 501