VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 59 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2013, 10:02 AM   #581
diyAudio Member

Hopefully all VSSA PCB orders remains active after this intervention.
Old 6th March 2013, 10:10 AM   #582
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

Of course. Nothing can beat your authentic design and approach.

Great going LC.
Old 6th March 2013, 01:43 PM   #583
naf is offline naf  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Shaan i'm waiting your Poorman's VSSA Peecebee
LC don't worry.. none of our poorman handmade board can beat yours but we still can hear this little big amp sing
Old 6th March 2013, 02:20 PM   #584
routhun is offline routhun  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abetir View Post
Hi Sir,

That was pretty quick.. The reason that I have asked was because I and my co-member in our local audio forum was thinking of presenting the VSSA, and we were discussing about the availability of the 5 pin ALF fet, coz it looks exotic and this could cause "drawbacks" from potential builders in our place but we will find that out soon. The plan is in progress...thank you for your quick reply...
I really agree. Just stick to the design on the part that is hard to get is probably discourage the builders. Another issue might be serviceability, even if we can find the part for the first build, because of unforeseen issues if this part fails people don't know what to do with this board. If its not too hard, just adding the option 2sk/2sj parts encourage more people of jump in.
Old 6th March 2013, 03:09 PM   #585
diyAudio Member

I dissagree here, the same can be said for an amp having LME49830 voltage driver, exotic part hardly replacable when service is needed.
Look from another perspective, ALF mosfet is very good for audio purposes, even more than other laterals, which are BTW to be honest also not very easy to find/buy. But here we have, all of us audio fans, great opportunity to order and keep ALFETs on the market. Best thing is, it is purely original part, genuine lateral mosfet made according tight specs, not made in some questionable production lines. So I see this as a good way to support producer to invest and to make fine parts for us in the future.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:24 PM   #586
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Include a couple of spares in the kit no matter if it bumps up the price. Its an amp and few amps will inevitably blow at a point and should be serviceable. Its what I would have done in that case.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:34 PM   #587
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I can speak in favor of the alfet laterals, they are superb mosfets and I think the dual part is very interesting. I have a headphone amp planned with it. as mentioned, just buy a spare or 2. these devices are actually very rugged as well.

tghat being said, while its a good idea to support the ALFET parts, you would simply be ensuring that these particular parts are continued including linear audio parts in general (as opposed to switching). but SEMELAB is pretty unlikely to ever go out of business, bloody huge company

Last edited by qusp; 6th March 2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:35 PM   #588
routhun is offline routhun  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
I dissagree here, the same can be said for an amp having LME49830 voltage driver, exotic part hardly replacable when service is needed.
Look from another perspective, ALF mosfet is very good for audio purposes, even more than other laterals, which are BTW to be honest also not very easy to find/buy. But here we have, all of us audio fans, great opportunity to order and keep ALFETs on the market. Best thing is, it is purely original part, genuine lateral mosfet made according tight specs, not made in some questionable production lines. So I see this as a good way to support producer to invest and to make fine parts for us in the future.
Only difference here is you cannot replace/substitute LME49830 with any other part, but here we can atleast substitute ALF with 2sk/2sj probably with a bit of compromise in performance.
Old 6th March 2013, 04:40 PM   #589
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

honestly, why must so many people resist SMD? its easier to build, easier to rework, easier to make your own PCBs and higher performance.

whats not to like?
Old 6th March 2013, 04:42 PM   #590
meltman is offline meltman  United States
diyAudio Member

Fear of the unknown for builders who have never tried.

Hide this!Advertise here!