VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 57 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2013, 11:31 AM   #561
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm in for 2 boards
Old 5th March 2013, 11:45 AM   #562
AUSTINP is offline AUSTINP  United States
diyAudio Member

I will take a set of 2 also.

many thanks,
Old 5th March 2013, 12:31 PM   #563
kroyin is offline kroyin  India
diyAudio Member

Stereo set for me & it would be a big help if all required semis are in the package
Old 5th March 2013, 01:54 PM   #564
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
OMG my dear fellows so far I have counted 74 PCBs, requests from PM included.

Suppose 100 PCBs is the right number for the start, hopefully all the requests are firmly confirmed, otherwise I'll stay alone with a lot of PCBs on the stock.

The silks (top & bottom) done, parts marked, tomorrow I'll make final check all the way to the last detail and than VSSA PCB will be ready for a production.

Without any doubt I'll stick to ALF08NP16V5 as for this I guarantee you exceptional performance and perfect sound. As soon as I get some info from producer, will let you know. Initial idea remains, to offer PCB plus semiconductors together in the package.
You are the man! What are your thoughts on using a SMPS with shielding rather than toroids and rectifiers? It's what I am doing in my JLH build due to simplicity and space savings. But for VSSA, your word is gold.

Thanks again for your work
Old 5th March 2013, 03:57 PM   #565
diyAudio Member

Count me in for 2 boards please. I've been waiting for this group by for a long time. Thanks and appreciate your effort for making it happen.

Cheers!

Fred
Old 5th March 2013, 06:06 PM   #566
mikvous is offline mikvous  Greece
diyAudio Member

Count me in for a stereo pair.
Old 5th March 2013, 06:52 PM   #567
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKHunt View Post
You are the man! What are your thoughts on using a SMPS with shielding rather than toroids and rectifiers? It's what I am doing in my JLH build due to simplicity and space savings. But for VSSA, your word is gold.

Thanks again for your work
That is exactly what I was planning for the next step. SMPS is a very good choice for VSSA since ripple frequency is app. 200 kHz/10 mVpp unloaded, that's at least what I measured from the Hypex 600 W SMPS rails. As long as your SMPS will give 6 Ap or more output current at +/- 45 Vmax that's fine. Low Zout is what it counts here and SMPSs are the future that's for sure. Also VSSA + SMPS could be assembled in a small low profile case.
Old 5th March 2013, 07:31 PM   #568
diyAudio Member

VSSA PCB design finally finished today, files already sent to production facility.

There's all together 50 SMD parts present, 31 on the top and 19 on the bottom side of PCB. Sizes of SMD resistors are 1206 (3216) 0,5 W and 2010 (5025) 1 W, SMD capacitors are of 1206 (3216) size only, all 50 V and there's also three SOT23 semiconductors. Rest of the parts are standard through hole types, four 6,3 mm faston blade connectors and three M3 screws.

VSSA PCB is a good learning ground for the ones never assembled SMD PCBs yet. It is a good mixture of standard and SMD parts on a small area, because of its size it's easy to manipulate with and rotate when soldering. So quite handy for assembling.
Old 5th March 2013, 07:33 PM   #569
diyAudio Member

LAzy,
What SMD do you recommend. From what I understand, Susumu is popular. I used Vishay TNPW recently, as they are extremely low noise.
Old 5th March 2013, 07:42 PM   #570
diyAudio Member

Just to remind you how the VSSA PCB will look like, very similar as on the pics, although much better equipped with markings, silk prints on both sides, some extra parts added, but generally very similar and the same size 50 x 60 mm, 2 mm thick.

Hide this!Advertise here!