VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 326 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2014, 08:34 AM   #3251
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefixes View Post
What i am planning is to build a VSSA with more current ability. I know your first one but it's a way over the budget i can allow so my goal is more to move 1.4 Schematic to be able to apply +/-50V rails but will need little help to that. I i keep the original +/-45V rail i think i will use one SMPS500R per chanelso dual mono config. The routing job is done but i have to choose to what V rail i will use due input transistor choice and input CCS choice (BJT or Jfet).
That I kindly ask you to do it privately, I have to proceed to sell the First One.
Old 11th May 2014, 01:06 AM   #3252
BYRTT is offline BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
..........I have to proceed to sell the First One. .....
LC more business , when FO work gets in control what about VSSA v1.5 to cover customers you not reach by FO, you know little cheaper amp PCB's and cheaper PSU's. It's a guess but your costumer relation to Semelab after FO should be able to get you the combo output device more flawless. Would be nice to see v1.5 maybe with the German can's and the great comp work you did for FO, let it pass your new quality control center as with FO before traveling world .
The cheaper setup and still HQ sound makes more justice for smaller HiFi setups, desktop setups, small/medium monitors, headphones.
Old 13th May 2014, 05:02 PM   #3253
maxidcx is offline maxidcx  France
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I have 4 vssa on hand (and 2 smps) and I did some positive testing on my JBL speakers (6 ohms) with just 2 of them and a single smps (DPS-400 @43VDC) awsome
now I have 3 options you guys might help me :
- use the 4 VSSA with the 2 smps and go bi amping
- use the 4 VSSA in bridged mode like 2 XVSSA (post 2822)
- sell the 4 VSSA and just go FO in simple stereo mode !

I m very excited with XVSSA to be honest, but I see a potential risk as each VSSA would see "3 ohm" instead of 6, probably not an issue as long as we keep the output in the 100W range per module and a good heatsink.

Any feedbacks or advise or experience on X version welcome (I have to decide quickly as the proforma for FO is arrived )
thx!
Old 13th May 2014, 06:46 PM   #3254
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxidcx View Post
.....Any feedbacks or advise or experience on X version welcome (I have to decide quickly as the proforma for FO is arrived )
thx!
Keep/get both , think as long as the higher power FO can deliver not is needed then VSSA have some chance to be as good or better by having only one output device per rail (very simple).
About X-version my experience comes from Sansui amps and is thump up, member Esperado somewhere this thread is also very positive about bridged, best knowledge this subject is member Metallicus69.
Old 13th May 2014, 11:27 PM   #3255
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRTT View Post
Keep/get both , think as long as the higher power FO can deliver not is needed then VSSA have some chance to be as good or better by having only one output device per rail (very simple).
We found some time in today's listening session also to put VSSA next to the First One just for the curiosity how it will perform. In a form like it is VSSA doesn't stand a chance to beat its bigger brother.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:09 AM   #3256
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We found some time in today's listening session also to put VSSA next to the First One just for the curiosity how it will perform. In a form like it is VSSA doesn't stand a chance to beat its bigger brother.
Surrender after listening session result. Just my experience seen in past that when a product is developed to high performance then later product developed maybe upon that top performer, doesn't always be better just different, and sometimes the old topmodel suits a specific system setup better. Therefor the words if not needing the horsepower use VSSA which was developed to top performance, and to find out and support sales i wrote get both .

Last edited by BYRTT; 15th May 2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 16th May 2014, 07:41 AM   #3257
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRTT View Post
About X-version my experience comes from Sansui amps and is thump up, member Esperado somewhere this thread is also very positive about bridged, best knowledge this subject is member Metallicus69.
I am listening to XVSSA everyday, and it's my main power amp since it was created (quite a long time ago hehehe). No technical problems at all and a bit better than the simple VSSA.
I will build for my brother the First One quite soon and I will be able to compare.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:26 AM   #3258
diyAudio Member

Good/important info that life of XVSSA have been flawless since build, i never forget the opportunity to go this way getting more power and probably better sound because of amp grounds treated different. Very impressed i was back when you posted, thanks for report metallicus69.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:43 PM   #3259
diyAudio Member

Sorry to be sceptical, but this sounds like marketing.

Quote:
Old 19th May 2014, 10:12 PM   #3260
dady is offline dady  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to dady Send a message via Skype™ to dady
It's a Vendor's Bazaar.
Who going to make propaganda ? First One?
I think is moderate to soft.
Some times could be worst.

Hide this!Advertise here!