VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 178 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st July 2013, 09:03 PM   #1771
Siberia is offline Siberia  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Thank you for quick reply. I'll adjust both channels accordingly. My PSU is just above 35VDC. Does that change anything adjustment wise?
Old 1st July 2013, 09:18 PM   #1772
diyAudio Member

No, not a bit.
Old 1st July 2013, 09:46 PM   #1773
diyAudio Member

I've managed to set only one channel properly to 129 mV and almost 0 offset. I'm going to have some I'm afraid I'm loosing concentration and that might lead to big bang. I would really appreciate if you would show me (a picture maybe?) how to terminate three incoming connections on one VSSA GND faston. I have PSU GND and case/earth cribled into one, but speaker connection is approaching.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:19 PM   #1774
diyAudio Member

Specified capacitors have finally shipped, I hope to have them before the weekend.

Looking forward to the official LC VSSA! Note, I'm not the least bit stressed about minor deviations from the published diagram; I assume those changes were for the best .

Wish I could get my hands on that lovely chassis too, though the shipping is likely prohibitive.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:45 PM   #1775
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
Miksi try to isolate earth connection from one unit or amp or USB receiver (sort of earth lift), before any other steps. You have some differences between earth potentials for sure.
Ok, removed earth connection from the gnd of both channels on the amp with USB cable connected to the DAC and it looks like that solves it!
Now, from the DAC gnd plane (actually IVY) I have gnd branches going to the left and right input channels of the VSSA modules and connecting independently to the dedicated power supplies. No preamp (digital volume inside es9018 controled by isolated i2c over arduino).
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:34 AM   #1776
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

All I can say that it's working now. Direct coupling (without capacitor) really has advantages. Can't ramp up the volume at the moment it's the middle of the night. I'll let the capacitors form for a couple of days...
Old 2nd July 2013, 01:30 AM   #1777
ncc is offline ncc
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ncc
Quote:
Originally Posted by atupi View Post
Is anyone here who will orders FineGolds to Mouser and willing to help me with a set of capacitors for VSSA ? Thanks !
The same question for me
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:55 PM   #1778
diyAudio Member

Aaaah the sense of completion. It's been playing for an hour and I'm falling in love with what I hear. Many positive things already when compared to my old amp.

I could write and pamper with words like I worked for Stereophile. But I'd better spend some more time, let it break in and then report. OK if one thing is permitted... positive: I've totaly forgot how uncomfy my chair was for an hour Negative: top end is a bit dry. Hey, but that's only a beginning. Thanks a lot for all your help.

P.S. I really want to know what is a clean way to terminate 3 GND connection on one fast on lug
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:37 AM   #1779
chunek is offline chunek  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Congratulations, Siberia! Any pics to share?

James
Old 3rd July 2013, 01:47 PM   #1780
PMI is offline PMI  United States
diyAudio Member

Default KSA1381E/KSC3503E Transistor Pair

A bit of direction or educated guess, or even just personal opinion needed ....

The KSC3503-E version is not readily available, so I am wondering if it's worth it to get some of these as spares, and also for my through-hole version of VSSA (as in Shaan's PeeCeeBee thread), especially before I start comparing how the through-hole version stacks up to the "original". It basically involves calling in a favor, plus double shipping charges, plus a bit higher cost compared to the -D version, and probably a minimum quantity beyond what I would normally want to keep in a drawer.

I guess it comes down to this choice:

a) original KSC3503E to make a complementary pair with KSA1381E @ extra cost, and more spares than I am likely to need

b) KSA1381E/KSC3503D pair

c) substitute yet to be determined

Any opinions, suggestions... coin flip???

Hide this!Advertise here!