VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 162 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2013, 06:33 AM   #1611
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
I may be interested in 1 or 2 depending on price.
Old 23rd June 2013, 07:38 AM   #1612
mikvous is offline mikvous  Greece
diyAudio Member

Depending on price I'll be in for two
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:27 AM   #1613
irribeo is offline irribeo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

nice chasis, I'm interested too
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:16 PM   #1614
chunek is offline chunek  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Nice casing, LC especially like the top & bottom covers cover the heat sink's' fins. This defitenitely will reduce vibrations and statics from heat sink fins. I have ordered mine from other sites else this one will be my 1st choice.

James
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:26 PM   #1615
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Please let us have an indication of cost. If not too expensive I will have one please.
Can you indicate the measurements and heatsink order information? Many thanks.
Old 23rd June 2013, 04:14 PM   #1616
diyAudio Member

It would be good when it is already predrilled.
I have only basic metal work capability.
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:11 PM   #1617
diyAudio Member

Hi LC,
I think if one is buying such a perfect chassis ,Getting it without the heatsink is a big mistake.

Unless the buyer can get the machine work done locally...but then ,if he can do the heatsink locally he can more or less do the whole chassis while at it..

I would be interested only if the heatsink comes integral with it.
And I`m sure it`s not going to be cheap...
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:34 PM   #1618
routhun is offline routhun  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlukic View Post
With all due respect, I think that AKN has the reason to be angry. When ordered pcbs he was sure that he is participating in GB, he was not ready to financially support development of OEM product. At least schematic should be furnished to GB participants who asked for it, and probably to all other. No matter how good the circuit is it would never be that successful without the huge response from forum members, it would never has the chance to become OEM product without that support. Since LC used forum as free marketing opportunity he has some responsibility towards forum members and even more towards GB-ers.

I do not need actual schematic because I canceled my GB order. Frankly, I think that diy VSSA made from TH pcb designs by Shaan, Dobrivoje, PMI and Jason will be more than enough for those who are mostly interested in how this circuit sounds. SMD VSSA is for those who are also interested in the best possible lab performance of the circuit.

It is evident that LC thinks that SMD shunt regulator is for some reason better option than CCS in V1.4 schematic, but obviously he does not want to disclose the reasons why. For all other small changes to the circuit I believe that they do not make so much difference.
I can't stop defending Mr. Lazy cat's right to keep the schematic secret. I don't think any forum member contributed to the schematic design, measurements and the PCB design. Mr. Lazy spent hours of testing, probably redesign couple of times. Initially he agreed to furnish the PCB and the ALFFET, but as many members asked about SMD parts, he went ahead provided almost all of the so that we have the best of the breed amplifier. Hats off to his effort, we have a chance to build one of the best amplifiers.

Here is my perspective, he can just simply assemble the PCBs as per the schematics published. Being a person who shares his knowledge, joy and happiness, he incorporated the changes he found during his testing to give us the best sounding amplifier. Because he spent lots of time and effort, I guess he has every right to monetize his ideas and sell his circuit to professional manufacturers. If a member don't want to build unless the schematics are known, he can simply desolder the components and build according to the published circuits. Not sure what is the legitimacy of the requests to publish ones work?
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:29 PM   #1619
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Well, I cannot but feel that this is what is called a 'storm in a teacup' here in Scotland.

My understanding from the outset of LC's design has been that he is offering a choice for the DIY guy who can do no more than solder. There are a very few posters out of the 1618 posts written so far which have plainly asked for more than has been (clearly) offered. If the circuit design on the SMD boards has a few small changes from the schematic at post 300.....then so what! I want to get on and soon have a fully working amp; [and will do so once I can source FG and 1820 caps as originally briefed.]

Those who insist that they have a right to the updated circuit schematic may or may not have a valid point...but the great majority of us are perfectly happy...other than the difficulty in obtaining the correct caps.

IF anyone has further complaints on this I respectfully suggest that they air their feelings by email/PM directly with LC rather than risk souring this thread.

Can anyone recommend from their own experience the caps offered on ebay by Chinese vendors?
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:32 PM   #1620
AKN is offline AKN  Sweden
No snake oil
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to AKN
Quote:
Originally Posted by routhun View Post
I can't stop defending Mr. Lazy cat's right to keep the schematic secret. I don't think any forum member contributed to the schematic design, measurements and the PCB design. Mr. Lazy spent hours of testing, probably redesign couple of times. Initially he agreed to furnish the PCB and the ALFFET, but as many members asked about SMD parts, he went ahead provided almost all of the so that we have the best of the breed amplifier. Hats off to his effort, we have a chance to build one of the best amplifiers.

Here is my perspective, he can just simply assemble the PCBs as per the schematics published. Being a person who shares his knowledge, joy and happiness, he incorporated the changes he found during his testing to give us the best sounding amplifier. Because he spent lots of time and effort, I guess he has every right to monetize his ideas and sell his circuit to professional manufacturers. If a member don't want to build unless the schematics are known, he can simply desolder the components and build according to the published circuits. Not sure what is the legitimacy of the requests to publish ones work?
Even so we should all be informed about the secret improvments prior to shipping (no order from me if so).I'm resigning from this project but of course, I wish you all best of luck with this.

Edit: Thanks for your support ivanlukic

Last edited by AKN; 23rd June 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!