VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier - Page 146 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2013, 08:08 AM   #1451
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
What I can cleary see , soundstage image is much better without 10uF
Electrolytic caps have an internal coil. More the value of the cap is high, higher the parasitic inductance. This means the impedance of the capacitance will reduce as the frequency increase till a point where it will increase. Paralleling capacitance with a lower value one will reduce HF impedance. But you have to take care of the values if you don't want to introduce a resonance circuit with parallels inductances and capacitances. LC was right (as habit) with his values and this choice. A near perfect practicce is to // caps of 1/10 of the values, until you can use film caps with no (or very little) inductance.
Old 14th June 2013, 06:56 PM   #1452
ua3grn is offline ua3grn  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Hi, Lazy Cat. How much does one stereo kit cost? Is there an opportunity to buy kits?
Old 14th June 2013, 07:25 PM   #1453
atupi is online now atupi  Romania
diyAudio Member

A BIG thank you Andrej for how you managed the GB and the packaging, you made my day. Those little boards ale lovely.

Second: can anyone Europe based who's ordering the caps to help me with a set of caps or at least the 2200uf 6.3v ones ? The shipping taxes are way too much to order only those caps.

I can't wait to listed to those little pcb's even if i'm working hard on some other projects.
Old 14th June 2013, 07:37 PM   #1454
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Default Nichicon

I can see now Nichicon FG 1000uf 50v is at the moment only stocked FG capacitor at DK but minimum is 200 pieces for 226$. 2200/6.3 only at Mouser.

Last edited by miksi; 14th June 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 15th June 2013, 05:07 AM   #1455
Junie is offline Junie  Philippines
diyAudio Member

slow progress.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th June 2013, 12:10 PM   #1456
sng001 is offline sng001  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default One channel is singing

Last night I assembled one channel of VSSA and I mounted onto a temporary heatsink (an old hard disk). I set the +ve supply current to 182mA and the heatsink is quite warm at 53C.

I listen to this channel for the whole day, and what can I say - this is the best amplifier that I have listened in my home. I always like the sound signature of Mosfet amplifier and I found that they sound sweet & musical. I have DIY a few MOSFET amplifiers and my old favourite WAS the Sigma from Dr. Bora.
I even make my own version of VSSA v1.4 using thru-hole components & Renesas 2SJ162/K1058 (PCB size = 100 x 90mm).

LC version is just better than all of them - absolute clarity in mid-range & treble plus controlled bass. The PCB is very compact & it can be fitted anywhere and LC has not wasted one mm space on this layout. Many thanks to LC who brings us this little beauty.

With regards to capacitors, I bought my Nichicon FG 1000uF/50V from RS-online:
Buy Aluminium Capacitors UFG1H102MHM Nichicon UFG1H102MHM online from RS for next day delivery.

For 2200uF/6.3V I am using the following Nichicon HE:
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Capacitors,aluminium electrolytic,radial,105degC, 6.3V 2200uF Nichicon UHE0J222MPD online from RS for next day delivery.

The only other source for Nichicon FG is Mouser & they charge A$40 for shipping, which is a bit excessive for a few elco caps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSSA-LC Channel-1.JPG (859.3 KB, 541 views)
File Type: jpg VSSA-Thru_hole.JPG (907.8 KB, 501 views)
Old 15th June 2013, 07:39 PM   #1457
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
LC was right (as habit) with his values and this choice.
Thanks Esperado, I really do compare, listen and change things to sound better. At the end that means a lot of work and experimenting.
Old 15th June 2013, 07:52 PM   #1458
diyAudio Member

Exclamation sng001 - first GB member VSSA turn on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
I'm waiting for the first GB member to show me working VSSA amp and of course his sound evaluation.

Who will be the first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sng001 View Post
Last night I assembled one channel of VSSA and I mounted onto a temporary heatsink (an old hard disk). I set the +ve supply current to 182mA and the heatsink is quite warm at 53C.
Congratulate sng001, you're the first GB member turning "on" the VSSA amp and make it sing the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sng001 View Post
I listen to this channel for the whole day, and what can I say - this is the best amplifier that I have listened in my home.
The real deal and joy will start by listening in stereo, until than ensure them good heat release.

What speakers will be connected to? Did you have some troubles calibrating the VSSA according to instructions? Was it a quick procedure? VAS bias current and DC offset OK? Why not Nichicon FG for feedback too?

Regards Lazy Cat

Last edited by Lazy Cat; 15th June 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 15th June 2013, 07:58 PM   #1459
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie View Post
slow progress.
Now how will you solder ALF-s if all ELCO-s are in place already? I think in assembly instructions transistors preceed capacitors.

Otherwise nice built.
Old 15th June 2013, 08:01 PM   #1460
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Cat View Post
I'm waiting for the first GB member to show me working VSSA amp and of course his sound evaluation.

Who will be the first?
Not for moment as this Nichicon FG are not available.....There are some on ebay....but are they original or fake?????

Marc

Hide this!Advertise here!