ES9018 32bit Audio DAC kit USD89.95 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2012, 06:50 PM   #11
dezzz is offline dezzz  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Wasn't too clear in the original post but it seems to already be available on eBay, one of just a few hits when searching for es9018.
Old 27th December 2012, 07:48 PM   #12
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Those guys are fast. Even a new version of the board is available. I can see they have implemented some of my suggestions already. The inputs in this new version are all available. This means you can support I2C and DSD and even switch several TTL-SPDif inputs
Old 27th December 2012, 11:27 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Thank you for all member suggestion,
The v2 pcb is ready, more thru hole component compatible soldering pads,
it's still default to I2S input^^ for easily to most of the people, but dsd user can use cutter to cut the trace and use d2-d5 seperately much more easily.
The source rises ES9018 chip priceT_T and the v2 pcb includes adp151 ultralow noise regulator pre-soldered for more friendly to thru hole diyer. Hopefully, the initial target price below 100 is still achieved^^ Actually, the source sudden reduce ES9018 price in the early of this month but rise again, if people also follows our cm6631 usb to i2s for es9018 pcb thread should know.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:26 AM   #14
Account disabled at member's request

Default Bargain ESS DAC ?!

It's great to see you develop this in response to people's ideas. Any pictures of version 2 ?

Great work - US$100 is a good price - most of the other ES9018 DACS are several hundred dollars.

I also see you have some other modules - headphone amp, etc - are you planning to sell these too ?

Cheers
Old 28th December 2012, 04:59 AM   #15
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

most of other es9018 dacs have all the parts soldered/included too and 4 layer PCBs, so not sure its a valid comparison. its cool there is a low cost option for people who want to start from scratch, but when you add everything up including decent power supplies for the analogue sections and clock, I wonder how much cheaper it will be. I bought my AKD12Ps on teflon board with only ESS dac soldered for $130. its unfortunately nolonger available that way. it ended up costing me more to stuff it myself, because parts are bought in smaller numbers.

or are all the parts included? my apologies if thats the case, it just seems unlikely with crystek clock

its hard to tell, is this really a single layer PCB?

Last edited by qusp; 28th December 2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 28th December 2012, 06:34 AM   #16
enantra is offline enantra  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hi diyinhk,

WHEN AVAILABLE v2 ?
REGARDS
Old 28th December 2012, 11:41 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Adrculda Send a message via Yahoo to Adrculda
Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Let's remember that this is a $89 board. Suggest things that cost near nothing to implement :-)

Here is another suggestion:

Split AVCC in two: one for right dacs and one for left dacs. One can experiment TL431 shunts but those are limited to 100 mA
Fine :P
Balanced Outputs instead of the summed
Old 28th December 2012, 11:52 PM   #18
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
most of other es9018 dacs have all the parts soldered/included too and 4 layer PCBs, so not sure its a valid comparison. its cool there is a low cost option for people who want to start from scratch, but when you add everything up including decent power supplies for the analogue sections and clock, I wonder how much cheaper it will be. I bought my AKD12Ps on teflon board with only ESS dac soldered for $130. its unfortunately nolonger available that way. it ended up costing me more to stuff it myself, because parts are bought in smaller numbers.

or are all the parts included? my apologies if thats the case, it just seems unlikely with crystek clock

its hard to tell, is this really a single layer PCB?
From the pics, I think v1 is double layer. I haven't seen v2 - pics please !

Double layer is fine - it's the routing/layout/vias/etc that really matters.

$90 vs $130 is almost 50% more; the Crystek is US$30; so even with a Crystek, it's still cheaper; $120 with Crystek vs $130 without. So I don't understand why you are complaining. Maybe you're just concerned that lower price = lower quality ? Gotta wait and see for that.

Actually, I think most ESS dacs are a little overpriced - in this part of the world you can get a dual AD1955 with 384Khz input from an FPGA asrc, for US$150, fully built and tested, with six opa627 etc etc. And it sounds great with a Crystek CCHD-957.

However, I want to try an ES9018 to see if it's been over-hyped (or not), and that NDA/datasheet nonsense was simply a way of making it seem like it was super-secret tech (or really was necessary for some reason). So a low priced board like this is definitely interesting.

So anyway, I'd really like to see some pics of the V2... please ?
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:14 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi diyinhk,

Is your board compatible with Amanero USB - I2S DAC? If so, what would be the wiring connection to your board? I would really appreciate your response.

Fred
Old 2nd January 2013, 05:08 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlock View Post
Hi diyinhk,

Is your board compatible with Amanero USB - I2S DAC? If so, what would be the wiring connection to your board? I would really appreciate your response.

Fred
thank you for interesting in our product,
it is the industrial standard i2s signal connection, you are welcome to test other usb to i2s pcb and report!
we have tested our usb to i2s board for es9018 with no unlock and sound distortion problem using 49.xxx/45.xxxM sync clock operation with es9018 default power on hardware mode. It's not good to comment on other brand as we also has similar type of product.

Last edited by diyinhk; 2nd January 2013 at 05:22 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!