SB Acoustics Satori Monitor - Page 62 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2013, 06:51 AM   #611
navin is offline navin  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to navin Send a message via Yahoo to navin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
I have now put the drivers into the factory made cabinets and did some photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
I have opened a thread on the Meniscus forum for discussion of the Kairos loudspeaker kit (it is their, after all).
Any way either of you two gents (Jeff or Joachim) ever plan to design a bass section for your designs.

Given the floor space a stand occupies a bass section (like the famous Puppy) would be a nice idea and even extend the SPL capabilities of your Monitors.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:51 PM   #612
diyAudio Member

I am catching up here and will answer the questions piece by piece in the next days.
Old 14th September 2013, 10:12 AM   #613
diyAudio Member

Hello all,

interesting and constructive thread this is.

I'm not posting much (not an expert as some guys here), but following continously. Thanks to Mr. Gerhard for sharing all this with DIY community.

With this new Satori generation I would be interested to build kit for myself, not only for listening, but also for development of my knowledge in speakers design and measurements. I like 4 ohm version and fat-ceramic-penguin look - total DIY and completely opposite to classy appearence of official kit.

Maybe I missed, but are the dimensions of that box defined anywhere (except baffle width and thickness)? If there are some legal reasons between Mr. Gerhard and SB I will understand. Otherwise, it is essential to follow geometry, it is shown how smallest changes can influence performance...

Other question would be regarding amplifier requirements. Are Pass Aleph 30 or PP KT88 UL (40W) enough for smaller listening rooms? I guess that low-loss, light cone Satori is easy to drive monitor? Or it needs some current reserves?

TNX!

Regards, Sasa.
Old 14th September 2013, 06:09 PM   #614
diyAudio Member

Still i was not able to catch up here.
I have Skyped with SB in Indonesia and they will ship the first cabinets to Denmark at the end of this month.
There are no copyright issues with the simpler DIY version in the self made box.
It is only for the ready made cabinets that even i have to buy it from the official importers.
I build one of the chip board boxes with tiles but not the other so i could not listen in Stereo.
I hope to have that ready in the next two weeks. Then i will also give the full details how to build that version.
Old 2nd October 2013, 08:38 AM   #615
diyAudio Member

We for sure did not invent the idea. Our Goal is to use what works to make products that the customers can get the best results for the any given product.

thanks Joachim for doing such an outstanding JOB!
Old 2nd October 2013, 08:55 AM   #616
diyAudio Member

for those of you going to RMAF this year. we will be sending this new Kit to madisounds room. we have decided on the new name for this model,. as you may or may not know "Satori" is a Budhist term meaning the embarkation to enlightment. in the Keeping the Satori idea, The name is KALASAN, Kalasan translates to PURE RIVER,the KALASAN temple was built in 778AD in Central Java, Indonesia near our factory. where it still stands to this Day.

I hope everyone will have a chance to listen to Kalasan, I would love to hear your Comments and suggestion for future projects.

we will be showing a revised version of the SBA EKA 2 way. Both kits will be availble with or with out cabinets starting first of the year 2014. Hopefully earlier
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:03 AM   #617
diyAudio Member

Default Color options on tweeter flanges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
I do not know at the moment if the factory made cabinets will be offered.
I sure will measure the drivers in this cabinet and also the port output.
Yes, the silver ring draws some attention. Maybe i can talk SB into making a version with a black ring. The ring can also be sprayed black quite easy.
The cabinets look better during the day then on the photos i did at night with flash.
I did now some photos without flash.

To answer everyone yes we can offer the single color plates if your distributor asks for them. so far we only made the 2 color plates to kind of show it is acutally made in 2 pieces.
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:37 AM   #618
diyAudio Member

Default Satori Kalasan Cabinets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersasha View Post
Hello all,

interesting and constructive thread this is.

I'm not posting much (not an expert as some guys here), but following continously. Thanks to Mr. Gerhard for sharing all this with DIY community.

With this new Satori generation I would be interested to build kit for myself, not only for listening, but also for development of my knowledge in speakers design and measurements. I like 4 ohm version and fat-ceramic-penguin look - total DIY and completely opposite to classy appearence of official kit.

Maybe I missed, but are the dimensions of that box defined anywhere (except baffle width and thickness)? If there are some legal reasons between Mr. Gerhard and SB I will understand. Otherwise, it is essential to follow geometry, it is shown how smallest changes can influence performance...

Other question would be regarding amplifier requirements. Are Pass Aleph 30 or PP KT88 UL (40W) enough for smaller listening rooms? I guess that low-loss, light cone Satori is easy to drive monitor? Or it needs some current reserves?

TNX!

Regards, Sasa.

I will be posting complete design package shortly.
Old 14th October 2013, 12:45 AM   #619
dtaylo3 is offline dtaylo3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Kit at RMAF

I attended RMAF today. The Satori speakers in the new cabinets were there but were not playing as the gents from Madisound indicated one of the tweeter connections came loose in transit. Bummer. But the cabinets were quite beautiful -- stunning really. Also, there was one Ekta speaker in a black glossy cabinet there and it looked quite nifty.

As to the Sartori cabinets, what price range will they be offered in? I very much look forward to the kit's release.
Old 15th October 2013, 03:42 AM   #620
dtaylo3 is offline dtaylo3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Satori cabinets and kit...

...can be seen on the Madisound Facebook page.

Hide this!Advertise here!