• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

I believe I read somewhere that the difference between 25w and 100w is about 3dB on average. 5-25w of class has proven more than sufficient to drive these speakers.

Maybe I am wrong, I can only share my experiences; but I have tried a number of low powered amp's into the Kairos and found it produced a flat non dynamic sound.

Potentially I was unlucky, however I have had them for over 18 months and tested over 15 amps. Of course all in my opinion.

I hope this helps Despinos.

Maybe I am wrong, I can only share my experiences; but I have tried a number of low powered amp's into the Kairos and found it produced a flat non dynamic sound.

Potentially I was unlucky, however I have had them for over 18 months and tested over 15 amps. Of course all in my opinion.

I hope this helps Despinos.

Thanks for the comments/advice.

At this point I'm tempted between SET amplification (300B or 845) or a more expensive solid state. My "starting" points are a Primaluna Prologue PP with EL34 and about 35 watts, vs a Crestron SS multichannel with 7X200 Watts (I own both). The Pre is also a Primaluna, which I would rather not change.

I already have discarded an EL84 SET ("Inspire" branded), which I think provided too low power (The Primaluna EL34 PP sounds much better). This makes me wonder if a 300B will also be too "weak" in watts.

Looking at other SET options (within my budget, the 845 are a tad expensive), I have found the Almarro 318B.

Would an Almarro 318B amp be a good match for the Satoris?

Thanks again

despinosa

Newer satori midbasses "MW16" will have a vented voice coil former to eliminate the small 600hz helmholtz resonance. The dedicated satori-mid "MR16" already has it (and ring of glue applied to the cone to fix the first 4khz break-up.

I found this out when talking to Ulrik Schmidt/ /Danesian

The MR16: (also MW16) but to be honest don't see the 600 helmholtz as a problem in earlier versions of the MW16.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.PNG
    IMG_1910.PNG
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,830
  • IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 1,821
Last edited:
Hello to all.
I'm going to build these beauties, but I have some questions about components quality that I haven't seen in the post (maybe I shall read with more attention)

Woofer section:
L1021 mundorf F50 is ok
L1011 should be 1,4mm cu air core or better?

Tweeter:
L2061 air core 0,8mm?
L2021 air core 1,2mm?
C2011 as good as I can pay (jantzen z superior?)
C2061 mkp standard?

Thanks to all and to Joachim for sharing his work and knowledge.