• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

I use mostly PLUS in sp xovers (very good price too be a supercap) and copper/reference in electronics. Some caps that is close to copper and sometimes even better is Rike S-cap. They're almost to good =) Copper is a bit fuller and warmer but otherwise similar.

Audiophonics in France have even better prices than Intertechnic in Germany has. Shipment was very fast too.

Audiophonics

Here is almost finished speakers.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 2,717
We had planned on extrenal crossovers, but went with internal. I have not veneered them and may opt to go back for flexibility. I have no doubt Joachims version is awesome, but these sound so good as they are.

FE is either oppo 105 or Sota Saphire with Ortofon Bronze. LP12 with Rotofon Ruby is on the way. Power amps are J2 clone and Funny amp.

Music will flat out engulf you. Better the recording, the better the sound.

I am adding SS26 aluminum woofers to them, but their bottom end is excellent for their size. I have a slightly large rrom. Of course, nothing can replace surface area, but these do it as well as anything and if you haev a smaller room, would be sufficient for all music. I have heard C Quenze 18h drivers, and while they are different in sound slightly, these keep up for half the price. I think Joachim is right in the fact that these are excellent midwoofers. I would like to think that SB would give up some Xmax and add a pleated surround and come out with a true midbass. If they were able to maintain the distortion profile and extension and gain efficiency while dropping the cone resonance, this would be truly world class. That is the benefit of the C Quenze. So much flexiblity. I can assure you that if you get this kit, you will not be lacking on the speaker front.

Last edited:
Here is the crossover.

HI Joachim,

THX for sharing your know how...I am about to start a 2 way like the kalasan and for cabinet design purposes I have a couple of questions;

1) Does the baffle has to be tilted toward the back (Your cabinet looks to be that way)
2) What is the spacing center to center between the woofer and the tweeter?
3) How far is the tweeter from the top of the cabinet?

Thank you.