SB Acoustics Satori Monitor - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2012, 06:41 PM   #261
diyAudio Member

Thx for interesting thread!

Have SB drivers now (SB17 and SB29RDC) and i think it's the best sound I've heard in my livingroom in many years. Thinking incredible value.

Sorry, but never again gonna spend thousands on Seas Excel or Scan-Speak when i can get this kind of sound for almost nothing compared the above mentioned brands

But, after seeing Joachims measurements on The Satoris I think if I would choose to spend more it would be on the Satoris, without a doubt!
Old 29th October 2012, 03:07 AM   #262
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th element View Post

Those pictures just help to show the overall excellent build quality of the SB units, especially considering their attractive pricing.
Yes the build quality is excellent!!!

Tony.
Old 29th October 2012, 03:15 AM   #263
diyAudio Member

When i make the simple box i will also try to make a crossover with the least amount of parts. I will do a L/R4 though too for comparison.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:45 PM   #264
diyAudio Member

How is it going with the project? Are the Satoris up n playing (burning in)?

By the way, do you have any other project with the other SB-drivers you've got?

One idea I can throw out there is if people think the Satori 6" midwoofer is to expensive (the new satori tweeter isn't to bad, I.T wants 120e/p) it could maybe be possible to use a SB17 instead with of course a different x-over.

A couple of different versions of this monitor (as said before) could be nice. Not only x-over and box but maybe also the the most expensive part (atleast for some) , the midwoofer.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:56 PM   #265
diyAudio Member

I was on a show in Krefeld the last days and will return home this week. Then i have to go to Vienna so time is tight. The monitors in the simpler cabinet will play in 2 weeks i think.
Also SB is building me the more complicated boxes. I have other SB drivers that are interesting but at the moment i would like to focus on the Satoris.
Old 15th November 2012, 04:56 PM   #266
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to critofur Send a message via MSN to critofur Send a message via Yahoo to critofur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
It doesn't seem like it could be worth that price when compared to other drivers such as the ScanSpeak "Discovery" line, Vifa's recent products, Peerless HDS Nomex, some of the Seas drivers, or the older ScanSpeak Revelator woofers?

I have seen problems with SB's quality control (aren't they the same company that produces the Sinar Baja Soft Dome Tweeters that Madisound used to sell?). Last time my friend bought a box of 50 SB tweeters to try out over 25% of them were unusable due to poor quality construction.
Old 21st November 2012, 02:20 AM   #267
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

hi joachim,

any update? are u waiting for the box to be shipped from indonesia?

henry
Old 27th November 2012, 12:32 PM   #268
Kraniet is offline Kraniet  Sweden
diyAudio Member

wonder how these SB-drivers fare against Motus Audio.

Motus Audio

https://www.solen.ca/pub/index.php?c...&s2=1&s3=2&s4=

Also regarding the stpped baffle and Guru. The designer claims that the straight edge is preferrable to other more "exotic" forms. It all has to do with how the sound is projected towards the listener.

For those who are interested you can check the forum www.faktiskt.se , hes been quite active there for some time.
If worried about the language use an appropriate translator if you dont speak swedish. Thats what James Croft of Croft Acoustical did to everyones surprise.
As a start ´we´ have some "best of" threads here http://www.faktiskt.se/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=4002
Old 27th November 2012, 01:15 PM   #269
diyAudio Member

The drivers i have certainly are made very well. Building quality is very high and they measure very good.
I saw the Guru speakers at Klangbilder in Vienna.
The straight edge may work because the tweeter has a waveguide.
Yes, i am waiting for cabinets from SB but i will also make some hand samples that are simplified. I simply was too busy, 3 shows in 4 Weeks.
I have no experience with Motus drivers. I see them here for the first time.
Old 27th November 2012, 05:27 PM   #270
gornir is offline gornir  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I've looked at the Motus drivers for some time now and they seem nicely built.

The tweeter is tested in the current issue of the Voice Coil Magazine (December 2012). I haven't read it in detail yet, but it has a somewhat odd frequency response with a 5dB peak between 2.5-3kHz.

Could be the measurement conditions. Have to read it more thoroughly.

Regards

/Göran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraniet View Post
wonder how these SB-drivers fare against Motus Audio.

Motus Audio

https://www.solen.ca/pub/index.php?c...&s2=1&s3=2&s4=

Also regarding the stpped baffle and Guru. The designer claims that the straight edge is preferrable to other more "exotic" forms. It all has to do with how the sound is projected towards the listener.

For those who are interested you can check the forum www.faktiskt.se , hes been quite active there for some time.
If worried about the language use an appropriate translator if you dont speak swedish. Thats what James Croft of Croft Acoustical did to everyones surprise.
As a start ´we´ have some "best of" threads here http://www.faktiskt.se/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=4002

Hide this!Advertise here!