• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PGA2311 Stero Remote Volume Controller Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• DSC05379.jpg
    DSC05379.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 1,980
  • DSC05382.jpg
    DSC05382.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 1,837
  • DSC05386.jpg
    DSC05386.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 1,845
  • DSC05387.jpg
    DSC05387.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 1,799
  • DSC05388.jpg
    DSC05388.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 1,738
  • DSC05392.jpg
    DSC05392.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 426
Hi diyhifishop. I bought an headphone amplifier case from your store a few months back and never received it. I never got any reply from your website email and the PayPal supplied email is not valid. I tried to send an email from your ebay website and didn't get a reply either.

Please send me a private email.

I can give you the PayPal transaction details. I really want to received my case that cost me 75$.

I'm sure it is just a misunderstanding, or missing shipping info.

Thanks.
S.Bergeron.

Hi diyhifishop. I bought an headphone amplifier case from your store a few months back and never received it. I never got any reply from your website email and the PayPal supplied email is not valid. I tried to send an email from your ebay website and didn't get a reply either.

I can give you the PayPal transaction details. I really want to received my case that cost me 75$.

Thanks.
S.Bergeron.

Hello, I have sent private message to you, please feel free to check, we will resolve the problem properly, please don't worry.

Thanks.
S.Bergeron.

Hello Bergeron,
I have replied you by private message, please feel free to check. And maybe you confuse with my website, my site is www.diyhifishop.com, not the one you sent me. We always ship within 48 hours and provide customers the tracking number, we will help to resolve every questions. You can try to contact your seller again and hope you can receive your package soon. Thanks.:)

Hi,
It looks really nice, but my question is:
Is there an option on the microprocessor to set the maximum gain?
The PGA2311 is capable of 31.5db of gain and I'm sure most of us will need max gain of about or slightly above 1.

Hi,
The remote control and the stepper potentiometer can set the maximum gain.Taking into account the distortion, so the maximum gain not use to 31.5db,only 23db.
Thanks!

Hi,
The remote control and the stepper potentiometer can set the maximum gain.Taking into account the distortion, so the maximum gain not use to 31.5db,only 23db.
Thanks!

I understand. This is why people need volume control! ... That was not my question, though. :)
I wonder if you have provided an option to limit the maximum gain, say to 0db? So, with the volume control all the way up, the gain would stay 0db and not 23db.
May be you could provide your customers with the choice to order this preamp with microprocessor programmed for say 0db, +6db or +12db of maximum gain. I doubt that anyone would need +23db.

I understand. This is why people need volume control! ... That was not my question, though. :)
I wonder if you have provided an option to limit the maximum gain, say to 0db? So, with the volume control all the way up, the gain would stay 0db and not 23db.
May be you could provide your customers with the choice to order this preamp with microprocessor programmed for say 0db, +6db or +12db of maximum gain. I doubt that anyone would need +23db.

Hello Ruwe,
Thanks for your interest. This product do not provide an option to limit the maximum gain.
Rotate the stepper potentiometer, the PGA2311 won't turn on internal amplifier when lcd displays between (-96db to -0db), at this moment it's function just is a volume control.
Rotate the stepper potentiometer, the PGA2311 will start internal amplifier when lcd displays between (0db to +23db), at this moment it will be a preamplifier, adjust stepper potentiometer and you can control the gain of preamp at (0db to +23db).

Hope you can understand for my poor English.

Your new PGA2311 looks pretty nice, but is it available with two pairs of outputs instead of one? I drive my speakers with two amps, and would accordingly need two outputs on my preamplifier. Thanks for the information.

Hello zcables, but sorry it isn't available with two outputs of this PGA2311, this is include 3 inputs but only 1 output. Thanks.

What's the difference between the two (PGA2311 vs PGA2310)?

Do your units always start up at -46db when turned on?

Hello grymtr,
(1) the performance on dynamics of PGA2310 is much better than PGA2311. 2310 With a higher output swing.

(2) You can save your set up on gain by remote control, so it will start up on your values every time.

Thank you.

Hello Ruwe,
Rotate the stepper potentiometer, the PGA2311 won't turn on internal amplifier when lcd displays between (-96db to -0db), at this moment it's function just is a volume control.
Rotate the stepper potentiometer, the PGA2311 will start internal amplifier when lcd displays between (0db to +23db), at this moment it will be a preamplifier, adjust stepper potentiometer and you can control the gain of preamp at (0db to +23db).
The block diagram for the PGA2311 shows that the signal is always going through the internal op-amp, so I don't believe this is possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.