• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Amanero, is that possible to develop CPLD firmware which provide LL/LR, DL, DR and BCK signals insteed of I2S for R2R multibit DACs like PCM63, PCM1702/4, AD1865/2?

I wanted to ask the same question! :) It would be great if we could use Amanero with NOS DACs without glue logic for shifting DATA and LATCH signals. I guess it's not too complicated to handle in firmware.

hello, the lines are in sequence D64 (F0) F1 F2 F3
They are open collectors and you can ground them when not used.

Does this mean that the Acko re-clocker boards are not affected if we're not using this functionality? I have two of the older green Amaneros and one of the red ones. I plan on using one red and one green in full sync / slave mode. One user mentioned cutting the pins on the newer red version. Is this really necessary?

Also, I'm seeing a BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER after updating to the 1.079 firmware. After the update was done I tried installing the driver included with OEMTool115 and started getting this problem. I can remove the driver by going into safe mode. But once I try and reinstall the driver I get the BSOD again. I'm going to be using these boards with a Mac and the Mac side recognizes the Amanero with no issues. I want to solve this problem so I can flash the other units. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

~Mull3t

I feel like a dope. I figured everything out. Disregard my issue with the BSOD. I was trying to use the ATMEL driver instead of the Amanero driver after flashing the firmware and the driver conflict was causing the BSODs.

With regard to thinking that I have the newer version of the Amanero it looks like I have the same boards but they are different colors. My red one is the same that is pictured above. My two green ones seem to be the same and have the F1, F2, F3, etc. They all have B1302K on them.

@Amanero you listed B1203K as the new rev. Is this a typo?

Hi Sebastian, Right now I am using PC and Jriver. MAC is more desirable, as well as a good USB cable (good Audioquest or similar). In spite of using Salas BIB 3,3V, also a few onboard capacitors were upgraded to Blackgate NX-HiQ making music "more enjoyable".

Janos, what are you using as source? PC, Mac, Squeezebox, other? Which player? Foobar, Audirvana, other?
Sebastian

Last edited:
Hi Rookie, You could use TDA1543, 1543 accepts standard I2S. Ok, I know, that is just an "economic DAC" version... Dosn't allow the firmware setup to choose left justified format?

I wanted to ask the same question! :) It would be great if we could use Amanero with NOS DACs without glue logic for shifting DATA and LATCH signals. I guess it's not too complicated to handle in firmware.

Hello,

I need some help. I've been trying to get my Amanero board to operate in slave mode but I can't get pin '1' to switch to select the clock. Pin '1' is fixed to 3.3V regardless of whether I'm playing music at 44.1Khz or 48.0Khz, pin '11' is fixed at 0V. I've attached three pics of my latest set up. I suspect the board not showing up in Device Manger under Sound, video and game controllers may be the problem. Probably the reason why in Maintenance tool 1.15 the Configuration bits window can't find the board and says no Audio Device found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Al

Attachments

• DM.JPG
    DM.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 699
  • combo384_FP.JPG
    combo384_FP.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 697
  • combo384_CB.JPG
    combo384_CB.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Hi Rookie, You could use TDA1543, 1543 accepts standard I2S. Ok, I know, that is just an "economic DAC" version... Dosn't allow the firmware setup to choose left justified format?

Thanks for the "tip". You said something like this:

- How can I win the hart of this beautyful girl?
- Take that ugly one, it's easy.

Please save us such nonsense posts...
We talk about interface top of the line R2R DACs without glue logic. 1543 is good for children..

Last edited:
hello, the lines are in sequence D64 (F0) F1 F2 F3
They are open collectors and you can ground them when not used.

Does this mean that the Acko re-clocker boards are not affected if we're not using this functionality? I have two of the older green Amaneros and one of the red ones. I plan on using one red and one green in full sync / slave mode. One user mentioned cutting the pins on the newer red version. Is this really necessary?
~Mull3t

No change on the re-clocker boards necessary for the new Amanero board (red edition). Open collector outputs will not fault when tied to ground. No need to cut pin connections

Marek, sorry man, responding to Rokiee, I just missed your earlier list of prefered DACs. BUT, TDA1543 is a very nice "tiny toy" (if you called it children's game) you can find it in Altman Attraction DAC and a good much of Amanero as well. Surprisingly accepts 96Khz/24 bit forms too. As far as know, Peter Daniel has a great reputation in Polish hi-fi community, so I recommend this link too: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/187748-pushing-limits-tda1543-nos-dac.html. It takes no more than 60 minute to put together. There are things that nice to try. Cheers, János

I prefer 4xPCM63P-Y or even PCM1704K and don't even think about trying 1000xTDA1543 because this chips are from different league. There are things that we know without trying. Period.

Last edited:
Marek, sorry man, responding to Rokiee, I just missed your earlier list of prefered DACs. BUT, TDA1543 is a very nice "tiny toy" (if you called it children's game) you can find it in Altman Attraction DAC and a good much of Amanero as well. Surprisingly accepts 96Khz/24 bit forms too. As far as know, Peter Daniel has a great reputation in Polish hi-fi community, so I recommend this link too: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/187748-pushing-limits-tda1543-nos-dac.html. It takes no more than 60 minute to put together. There are things that nice to try. Cheers, János

I understand - everyone is playing with toys of his choice but post like yours may discourage Amanero to implement direct PCM bus because "hay, there is TDA1543, it has I2S, no need to implement it anymore!". It was somenthing like you want to refute my request to Amanero with such weak argument, thats all.

Last edited:
I understand - everyone is playing with toys of his choice but post like yours may discourage Amanero to implement direct PCM bus because "hay, there is TDA1543, it has I2S, no need to implement it anymore!". It was somenthing like you want to refute my request to Amanero with such weak argument, thats all.

If there is enough people interested in this feature, maybe we can give some donation to Domenico, to motivate him to implement this feature in firmware.
Who is interested? What do you say Domenico?