USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 95 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2012, 07:30 AM   #941
diyAudio Member

Has anybody used the Amanero board with a Linux based system? At the moment, my Linux based Joggler is failing to recognise the board as a DAC. Can somebody please try it with a Linux based system and provide some feedback, that would be much appreciated.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:00 PM   #942
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2A3SET View Post
Still no luck with DSD128 under foobar with ASIO4ALL showing @44100 HZ. With DSD64 it worked correct showing @176400 HZ. It seems driver is missing 24/352K or 24/384K mode. With ASIO and WDM support, do we need to have 352K/384K sample rate supported under sound card setting, I only have up to 192K supported.
I think the problem is with ASIO4ALL not supporting 352800 and 384000. If you select ASIO4ALL as driver in Foobar you get unsupported sample rate error message when you try to use those rates. Not sure where ASIO4ALL gets supported sample rate information, but it looks like from windows and not from amanero driver as WASAPI works fine at those pcm sample rates.

I can use combo384 for DSD128 on mac with audirvana so I know the card works, however using foobar with sacd input plugin and proxy with ASIO4ALL I can't use higher sample rates during my tests in last few days with current driver and firmware.

Dave
Old 27th November 2012, 03:30 PM   #943
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystical View Post
Has anybody used the Amanero board with a Linux based system? At the moment, my Linux based Joggler is failing to recognise the board as a DAC. Can somebody please try it with a Linux based system and provide some feedback, that would be much appreciated.
I have had mine working on both a Fedora and a Mint (Ubuntu) system without any problems. In both cases it was detected automatically without any input from me. I didn't do any thorough testing but was able to play music at 44.1, 96 and 192khz with no hiccups using the pulse audio system.

Can't help any further as I'm not very knowledgable on Linux audio.
Old 27th November 2012, 04:12 PM   #944
diyAudio Member

I have discovered that the absolute inversion is an issue just for my system with wrongly wired outputs from my DAC so apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystical View Post
I have tested the latest firmware/software with my Buffalo24 set-up and the reset works perfectly. Also no need to map channels for playing DSD. 352khz PCM plays well too. The only issue I have found is that there seems to be an absolute inversion of channels for all modes so what is left comes out of the right earpiece and vice versa. This needs to verified by other people to make sure that it is not just my set-up issue.
Old 27th November 2012, 04:14 PM   #945
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiegeorge View Post
I have had mine working on both a Fedora and a Mint (Ubuntu) system without any problems. In both cases it was detected automatically without any input from me. I didn't do any thorough testing but was able to play music at 44.1, 96 and 192khz with no hiccups using the pulse audio system.

Can't help any further as I'm not very knowledgable on Linux audio.
Thanks for the input....much apprecaited. I will have to do some digging my end.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:20 PM   #946
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
Has anyone been using the Amanero & BUFFALO-IIISE combo?

Just curious... I'm still not sure what to pair up the Amanero with.
Old 27th November 2012, 09:14 PM   #947
supra is offline supra  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2069er View Post

I've got a buff3 coming to use with the amanero, might get it done this weekend. Certainly very good with the buff2.
Old 27th November 2012, 09:37 PM   #948
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2069er View Post

+1

I've been asking the same question as it appears the only successful matches are BII and BIII. My unit was delivered last week but no implementation yet because I'd really like to avoid the relative high cost of the TP offerings. If that appears to be the only option, I can/will do that. It's just hard to believe there are no other DAC designs that can benefit from the Amareno technology.
Old 27th November 2012, 09:43 PM   #949
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

wow you guys arent looking too hard
Old 27th November 2012, 10:37 PM   #950
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Respectfully, I don't think that is fair or accurate. I have been reading this thread enthusiastically since the beginning and my earlier post is an accurate reporting of my experience. Since you are at the heart of this discussion, could/would you kindly provide a simple list of non-Buffalo DACs that have proven to be comparable and/or benefit form using the module?

Not looking for all the intricacies of hook-up, just a little clearer picture of the options. I'm on the list to receive JP's/Subbu DAC when it becomes available but am also interested in investigating other paths.

I honestly don't think I'm the only forum member who could find a summation of such information helpful - in one place or one post.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It may be asking too much, but an approach similar to this could prove to clear things up. I am more than willing to help collect and organize something similar for this module.

Last edited by bcmbob; 27th November 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!