USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 87 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th November 2012, 12:36 PM   #861
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info too Jackal29a

In any case though my foobar recognizes the signal at the bottom left as "DSD" during the playback. I would have thought that this is enough.
Does yours dickiegeorge?

Let us wait for dickiegeorge to hook up Arduino (I dont have one) and tell us the findings.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:38 PM   #862
diyAudio Member

No need to use Arduino. If the board recieves DoP the DSD pin will have a voltage if it receives PCM it will be 0V.
Old 19th November 2012, 01:04 PM   #863
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamatiski View Post
In any case though my foobar recognizes the signal at the bottom left as "DSD" during the playback. I would have thought that this is enough.
Indeed I do see "DSD" displayed in Foobar as you suggest. But not sure exactly what this is indicating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post
No need to use Arduino. If the board recieves DoP the DSD pin will have a voltage if it receives PCM it will be 0V.
I'll open the Buffalo up later on and check this out. Must do some work this afternoon .

At some point I will add an indicator to my controller to display this, but it's not a big priority right now - I only have half a dozen DSD files (all freebies) afterall .
Old 19th November 2012, 01:19 PM   #864
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiegeorge View Post
Indeed I do see "DSD" displayed in Foobar as you suggest. But not sure exactly what this is indicating.
It indicates the source file is DSD not that is outputting that format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiegeorge View Post
I'll open the Buffalo up later on and check this out. Must do some work this afternoon .
I meant pin 7 (DSDOE) of the Amanero's header, if you board ins't inside the DAC's case you don't need to open it.
Old 19th November 2012, 03:25 PM   #865
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I meant pin 7 (DSDOE) of the Amanero's header, if you board ins't inside the DAC's case you don't need to open it.
Same (rather over crowded) case with short temporary connecting wires to the DAC board. I'm waiting for an Otto to switch between the Amanero and SPDIF Mux board (assuming I can make it fit) and then I'll be updating my controller software and adding the indicator for DSD input. Unlikely to happen for a while.
Old 19th November 2012, 03:37 PM   #866
diyAudio Member

Can somebody check if Left and Right channels are consistent between SPDIF and I2S/PCM with the latest 1.54 Driver? With my Buffalo24, I am finding that there is a L/R swop when changing from PCM to DSD (which is expected) but am also finding what I thought was the Left Channel in I2S/PCM now coming out of the right speaker.
Old 19th November 2012, 08:40 PM   #867
supra is offline supra  Australia
diyAudio Member

Is anyone actually getting native DSD when using Amanero/Buff2/JRiver?
Seems it is possible with foobar, but in JRiver to get native DSD you have to tick DSD box in Video bitsteaming options. But with the Amanero/JRiver, DSD doesn't play,no native DSD on Jriver.
I've managed to get native DSD with EXA U2I but have to use exa's Iostech player, doesn't work with JRiver. You can tick DTS in options and get converted PCM from DSD, but not native DSD.
I've tried everything I can think of , but no native DSD, anyone achieved it?
Old 19th November 2012, 08:51 PM   #868
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra View Post
Is anyone actually getting native DSD when using Amanero/Buff2/JRiver?
Seems it is possible with foobar, but in JRiver to get native DSD you have to tick DSD box in Video bitsteaming options. But with the Amanero/JRiver, DSD doesn't play,no native DSD on Jriver.
I've managed to get native DSD with EXA U2I but have to use exa's Iostech player, doesn't work with JRiver. You can tick DTS in options and get converted PCM from DSD, but not native DSD.
I've tried everything I can think of , but no native DSD, anyone achieved it?
That was changed in V.18 and it is far more convenient than V.17.

1) Update/upgrade to V18

2) Select either Kernel Streaming or a WASAPI mode (recommended Event Style)

3) Tools->Options->Audio->Settings->Bitstreaming->Custom and there check the "DSD Over PCM (DoP)" box and "DoP 1.0 (0xFA/0x05)" in the drop down list
Old 19th November 2012, 08:55 PM   #869
supra is offline supra  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
That was changed in V.18 and it is far more convenient than V.17.

1) Update/upgrade to V18

2) Select either Kernel Streaming or a WASAPI mode (recommended Event Style)

3) Tools->Options->Audio->Settings->Bitstreaming->Custom and there check the "DSD Over PCM (DoP)" box and "DoP 1.0 (0xFA/0x05)" in the drop down list
Thanks
I will update, but is DoP native DSD?
Old 19th November 2012, 09:00 PM   #870
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra View Post
Thanks
I will update, but is DoP native DSD?
It is.

Hide this!Advertise here!