• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

aren't the different firmware files available for download for archival purposes?
I mean for playing with different versions without using the internet connection to be connected to the amanero servers all the time?
and also for the purpose if one likes an older vers of the firmware and suddenly Domenico decides not to host it anymore on it's servers...

Ok, too bad, i thought it would be possible to run natively - but anyway, this is better than nothing. Thanks for the fast answer!

What kind of advantage where you expecting from having it running from higher speed XOs?

The better, faster XOs belong in the DAC itself as close as possible to the chip. Ruuning them on the Combo with theh added jitter from its ICs wouldn't make that much sense IMO.

aren't the different firmware files available for download for archival purposes?
I mean for playing with different versions without using the internet connection to be connected to the amanero servers all the time?
and also for the purpose if one likes an older vers of the firmware and suddenly Domenico decides not to host it anymore on it's servers...

I'm afraid it is not and will not be possible. I assume it is a basic protection against decompilation and code copying.

In the tool there are always at least two firmwares available, the previous 100% stable and the lastest released. It is always possible to revert to previous stable in case of any problem. Going further back is pointless as all functionality is included in the previous stable and all known bugs known at its release time are fixed.

What kind of advantage where you expecting from having it running from higher speed XOs?

The better, faster XOs belong in the DAC itself as close as possible to the chip. Ruuning them on the Combo with theh added jitter from its ICs wouldn't make that much sense IMO.

Couldn't agree more! DAC and transport have different timing requirements and the prescaling to match ESS DACs is the best approach while maintaining compatibility with other DACs. Also, internally the CPLD is running on the know good timing of it native 22/24 mode so if there are any sonic issues with this upgrade then it is clearly external to the transport.

Hi, Domenico, Have any plan to support hardware volume control?
In the Linux, can see the ctl dev, but is is malfunction.

[root@localhost ~]# amixer
Simple mixer control 'Combo384 Amanero',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 32767
Mono:
Front Left: Playback 32767 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Front Right: Playback 32767 [100%] [0.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Combo384 Amanero',1
Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Limits: Playback 0 - 32767
Mono: Playback 32767 [100%] [0.00dB] [off]

@Jackal29a please tell me when updating the new firmware after resetting the device, I have 3 options in the first CPLD flash menu that are - master2224, slave2224 and CPLD_for_1079 ;

now, I see that the first option "master2224" is the defaul one, but when I select the third option "CPLD_for_1079" then it is stated in the info box that "Flash this version associated with CPU firmware 1.079"

so my question is, if I want to upgrade to the new 1.079 firmware (flashing CPU as a second step with this new firmware), do I have to select this third option in the "FLASH CPLD" menu?

@Jackal29a please tell me when updating the new firmware after resetting the device, I have 3 options in the first CPLD flash menu that are - master2224, slave2224 and CPLD_for_1079 ;

now, I see that the first option "master2224" is the defaul one, but when I select the third option "CPLD_for_1079" then it is stated in the info box that "Flash this version associated with CPU firmware 1.079"

so my question is, if I want to upgrade to the new 1.079 firmware (flashing CPU as a second step with this new firmware), do I have to select this third option in the "FLASH CPLD" menu?

Correct. Flash both CPLD and CPU with 1.079.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2