USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 82 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2012, 06:24 PM   #811
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
as Telstar says, if you must, put the reg in another case, well unless you are powering 3.3v directly, even using the salas reg sense wiring I wouldnt do that with the reg in another case, but its really not that hard to make a quality reg small enough, put the raw DC supply and transformer in the other case.
Barely the usb interface alone fits in my DAC case (it's not a dyi one).
But I plan to use a short DC cable, shielded and decorated with ferrites, and some capacitance closer to the dc inputs on the Amanero board.
If you have other suggestions, they are welcome, but I can fit only those 3-pin replacement regulators.
Old 15th November 2012, 08:52 PM   #812
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

For those of us with simple minds., could some of you with working systems with the adapter in place, use something like Windows Paint to draw out a simple box diagram of what you have between the end of the USB feed cable - and the output of your DAC (feed to amp/preamp) ? Nothing like a schematic, but including wire/cable type labels.

That would be very helpful.

Last edited by bcmbob; 15th November 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:14 PM   #813
2A3SET is offline 2A3SET  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default My RF Antenna

Here I reclocked the isolated I2S (by IL715) with isolated XO (by ISO7242), not perfect but better. Middle is the 1G 1:2 fanout buffer 38072A from PotatoSemi, flip flop 74AUC1G74 are shunt by LED at 5ma.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amanero-iso1.jpg (216.5 KB, 594 views)
File Type: jpg amanero-iso2.jpg (122.4 KB, 582 views)

Last edited by 2A3SET; 15th November 2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:37 PM   #814
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Woopie !! The mailman just delivered my package. Time to dig in.

thanks Amanero & all.
Old 16th November 2012, 07:29 AM   #815
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2A3SET View Post
Here I reclocked the isolated I2S (by IL715) with isolated XO (by ISO7242), not perfect but better. Middle is the 1G 1:2 fanout buffer 38072A from PotatoSemi, flip flop 74AUC1G74 are shunt by LED at 5ma.
Cool hand-made PCB. what's the voltage on the LEDs? 2V?
Old 16th November 2012, 12:14 PM   #816
niekos is offline niekos  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseas View Post
I'm late I know, is the gb still on?
Yes, GB3 started, please fill in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...wYS1EcXc#gid=0 to join the GB3 (30 now, we need another 30 before the GB will be completed).
Old 16th November 2012, 12:44 PM   #817
diyAudio Member

It's around 2-2.1V. The light brown components are EMI filters, one for each chip..

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Cool hand-made PCB. what's the voltage on the LEDs? 2V?

Last edited by 2A3SET; 16th November 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 16th November 2012, 05:33 PM   #818
diyAudio Member

qusp said,
"the point is, when dealing with high frequencies, each signal needs its own return close to it as possible, or it radiates HF noise.... fact, its got nothing to do with just making sure the devices have a ground connection between them. thats why each of the signals in the ethernet cable and each of the signals on the PCB have a return/ground to go with them.

at these high frequencies, the air presents a low impedance (thats why radio signals can travel for billions of KM through air and space), it doesnt really care that much if it has a cable to travel on or not, if it doesnt have a nearby wire to travel on, it'll just go its own way through the air to the nearest point (of its choosing) if need be.

it is not OK to run a single ground, I dont care what Amanero says (if he does indeed say that, that would be strange considering hes given a return per signal on the PCB as there should be) it will work that way, but its not how it should be done."

Thanks for explaining that connection. I was getting a random snap like noise that I didnt get when using the tereadac usb device. I rewired the Amanero with about 25mm of cat5 solid wire twisted tight and the noise is gone. I get very few dropouts now and the Buffalo III is set at the lowest(best jitter) settings. I am still using the usb for power but that will change soon. Thanks for taking the time to explain this connect and being truly helpful in your responses. It is hard to be helpful sometimes when everyone "knows" best.
Old 16th November 2012, 08:51 PM   #819
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2A3SET View Post
not bad for an antenna =) still dunno about the use of leaded resistors like that for termination, still an antenna, but a neat little antenna

can I ask why you have only connected one of the shields on the coax? or are the others grounded where I cant see it?

bikerboy: no worries glad to help

Last edited by qusp; 16th November 2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 17th November 2012, 01:28 AM   #820
diyAudio Member

I got some noise when initially connecting both side of the shields of MCLK, kind of lazy to troubleshoot so just do the single side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
not bad for an antenna =) still dunno about the use of leaded resistors like that for termination, still an antenna, but a neat little antenna

can I ask why you have only connected one of the shields on the coax? or are the others grounded where I cant see it?

bikerboy: no worries glad to help

Hide this!Advertise here!