USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 72 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2012, 10:18 AM   #711
diyAudio Member

Yesterday I did a temporary hook up to my BII, connecting in place of the Mux which I use for SPDIF input from a Squeezebox Touch and a Musiland USD 1 driven from my PC. Had no problems getting it working with the PC (Windows 7 and Fedora) and initial impressions are very positive - it's clean in operation (no clicks or background noise), I haven't noticed any of the common Buffalo drop outs and it sounds good.

I tried it with the Touch using the Enhanced Digital Output (EDO) mod and this worked very well too. I can now play 192k from the touch. Result.

Needless to say I'm very happy with this board. Wish I had bought two (or three). Thank you Amanero!
Old 7th November 2012, 10:25 AM   #712
Dimdim is offline Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

I have also tried mine with my SBT w/ EDO and it appears to work just fine. My first (subjective) impression is that it sounds much better than the classic s/pdif interface.

I am getting sporadic artifacts/dropouts though (not unlocks). It might be the "external high speed hub needed" issue that is mentioned in the official EOD thread.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:32 AM   #713
diyAudio Member

I've bought two boards. 1 will be connected to a ESS 9023 chip and therefore not utilize the 384Khz and DSD functions and the other board I would like to connect to an dac build around the AD1955 chip. This should allow me to play DSD but will not allow me to use the 384Khz option.
Old 7th November 2012, 03:19 PM   #714
diyAudio Member

Just received my board, thanks Amanero! Waiting for the Subbu V3 Dac board to be finished and distributed so I can start playing.
Old 8th November 2012, 01:10 AM   #715
diyAudio Member

received my 2 boards,but aren't tested yet,still wait fo my dac board..
thanks a lot !!
Old 8th November 2012, 09:38 AM   #716
diyAudio Member

Hi Jackal29a & neskor

First, thanks for replying to my need for help :-)

Quote:
Did you follow the instructions on the "How to" page?
After erasing the device you need to disconnect it, and once you plug it in again and it is detected by Windows as an unkwon device you need to install the driver that comes in the same zip as the tool. It will be then identified as an "USB to serial device" only then you can update the firmware.
I did exactly as described in the update "how to" and first off windows detected that this was an unknown device and that drivers was needed (or a wording with this meaning). However, windows didn't do anything & the config tool kept writing "please erase the device ..."

Also, when I plugged-in the board the computer gave a "do-do" sound as if it had registered the device.

Anyway, I went into control panel - hardware manager - devices - and at some point I was able to ask windows to search for a driver. I chose the folder with the update tools and windows apparently installed the driver software.

After this I was able to download the new firmware and it apparently installed what should be installed (?). Now it appears as a device in "devices" in the control panel.

So, I hope it works, and that the next step is to make the DAC so that I can listen ;-)

Greetings,

Jesper
Old 8th November 2012, 09:43 AM   #717
neskor is offline neskor  Serbia
diyAudio Member

anybody tried to connect external 5V to card instead of USB 5V?
Old 8th November 2012, 10:19 AM   #718
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

I also received my 2 boards, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neskor View Post
anybody tried to connect external 5V to card
instead of USB 5V?
I think it can be done with an injection cable, like this:
http://www.aqvox.de/webpics/USB-Adaptor-BB-AA.jpg

Since i already got a 5v psu, I plan to try this on my stock board, before going for two dedicated 3.3v on the other one
Old 8th November 2012, 11:54 AM   #719
whmok is offline whmok  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Received mine today. Thanks Domenico.
Old 8th November 2012, 12:04 PM   #720
diyAudio Member

Board received. Thank you!

Hide this!Advertise here!