USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 34 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2012, 05:37 PM   #331
amix is offline amix  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I added myself, too (for one). What I do not understand: Do we get a mail regarding payment, or how shall we do it?

Oh, and I intend to use this with a Buffalo-II. I am a noob, so I only can guess, that that will work? I mean, I have to connect it to the I2S and all is fine? (Sorry for stupid question ;-))
Old 19th September 2012, 05:39 PM   #332
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Yep - dropped one into a BII and it works like a champ.
Old 19th September 2012, 05:59 PM   #333
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

just a quick test without connecting the output and all is fine, doesnt seem to mount automatically though, I had to force a refresh of the USB bus in Lion. until I did that it didnt know it was there at all
Old 19th September 2012, 06:01 PM   #334
amix is offline amix  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
Yep - dropped one into a BII and it works like a champ.
Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 12:37 AM   #335
orpheus is offline orpheus  United States
diyAudio Member

I received the board today, thank you!

I have issues implementing the board with my Buffalo II, and I am curious if anyone has any suggestions. I have the older 80Mhz clock version of the Buffalo II, and use a Volumite. I run OSX Lion on a hackintosh as my source.

I hooked up the Amanero to the Buffalo II with about 8 inches of CAT5 cable, using three sets of twisted pairs, with the white cables soldered to ground, and the colored cables from Amanero to Buffalo- DATA to D2, FSCLK to D1, BCLK to DCLK.

It works, with the ground connected or not connected, but I get an annoying high pitched noise that is constant. I also get what sound like very quick dropouts, short stutters that seem to have no discernable pattern.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had success with this board and the 80Mhz Buffalo II? Do I have to unhook the USB power supply and hook the Amanero up to the 5 volt supply on my Buffalo?

I have an Otto II i2s switcher that I haven't tried yet, perhaps that will magically get rid of the noise. I have been considering getting the Transporter to use with my hacked SACD player with a DSD output, perhaps the transporter would solve the noise problem? There is also different firmware available from Twisted Pear, perhaps that is all I need?

Thank you for your time and help.
Aaron.
Old 20th September 2012, 01:57 AM   #336
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

This might be an obvious one, but did you switch the little switch off for SPDIF on the BII? It's a miniature toggle switch behind the digital input. I2S usually doesn't work if that switch is set to SPDIF.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 20th September 2012, 02:31 AM   #337
orpheus is offline orpheus  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah, the switch is set for i2s. Otherwise, I wouldn't get sound at all, but I do get sound, and I also get a high pitched noise as well. I'm not sure that I have everything set up optimally. Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.
Old 20th September 2012, 05:44 AM   #338
diyAudio Member

Wasn't the recommended maximum I2S wires length 10cm (4")? if so, 8" sounds like a bit too much.
Old 20th September 2012, 05:54 AM   #339
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

what samplerates are you trying to play? also try loosening DPLL bandwidth settings on BII. 8" is a bit long, but I wouldnt have thought it would be enough to make it unusable. unlock issues with some sources were common with early firmware, also try as low tech as it sounds, to let the system warm up for 30 mins or so.

the OTTO wont help

Last edited by qusp; 20th September 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 20th September 2012, 10:47 AM   #340
August is offline August  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

This certainly looks interesting. Is there any reasonably simple way to turn that I2S into SDIF-2 to feed my dCS 972/955 inputs?

Hide this!Advertise here!