USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2012, 02:37 PM   #311
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUVL View Post
While I give you full credit of pointing out the PSRR issue, I think you missed the key points of my message.
The solution is NOT a perfect power supply for the MCU, which of course does not exist in the first place.

And yes, you can use a Class D amp. Perhaps with lots of feedback and some LPF at the output somewhere.

Patrick
i'm not just talking about a perfect power supply for the ARM either, it'll still no matter what you do, have pretty serious ripple on ground simply because of the transient current demands and perhaps simultaneous switching noise of the chips used. i'm talking about decoupling the output from ground and using a fast analogue active filters and differential clock drivers/buffers of the kind used for LVDS, CMOS etc

but i'm not pushing it as being superior to anything, I just find it an interesting idea worth playing with and a cool little thought experiment.
Old 16th September 2012, 04:13 PM   #312
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I also dont claim any devine inspiration, first I saw of the idea was at KOON's pages and the guys playing around with the XMOS XU-1 dev kit
Old 17th September 2012, 08:42 AM   #313
diyAudio Member

My device turned up this morning.

Thanks!
Old 17th September 2012, 11:58 AM   #314
diyAudio Member

Hi Amanero,
I've added my name to your GB list for one unit.
Thanks DrymDrum
Old 17th September 2012, 07:27 PM   #315
pidesd is offline pidesd  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default current draw

if it is of any interest to anyone, the draw from my external 3.3V supply (supplies everything on the module) is around 120 mA for 44.1 khz.

compared to my hiface with 3 seperate salas supplies, (clock, modules and 1.8V), my single battery Combo dont have the dynamics and refinements of the hiface, but it does sound nice, given the size. But again, it is not fair as good supplies really make a difference.

Last edited by pidesd; 17th September 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 17th September 2012, 07:37 PM   #316
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If you allow a multi-bit delta-sigma modulation for PCM, TI BB DSD1794A(and its family models) may meet your conditions because only analog filter is applied to DSD input signals under their "Advanced Segments" architecture. DSD1794A supports DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256.
Hi Bunpei - thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't go to 384 kHz as far as I can see from the datasheet ...? My main interest for this DAC is to have a DAC that can output PCM in very good quality (but not DSD conversion) and then have a very good DSD capability as well. Regarding the PCM1794A are you then sure that it can handle DSD256? It looks as if it accommodates various clock frequencies but only DSD64 ... (Electrical characteristics page 2).

Might there be a DAC that has all of it DSD256 & 384 kHz/24 bits.

For you who are most kind to reply please note that I need two DACs. One for monitoring purposes - which needs be very good - and later, one that is as good as I imagine they can get (IMHO)...

Evening greetings,

Jesper
Old 17th September 2012, 07:54 PM   #317
smanz is offline smanz  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hi Amanero,

I've added my name to your GB list for four unit.

Thanks & regards

smanz
Old 17th September 2012, 08:18 PM   #318
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevoice View Post
Might there be a DAC that has all of it DSD256 & 384 kHz/24 bits.
ES9018
Old 17th September 2012, 10:41 PM   #319
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
Just on short listen, I can't hear any difference between this and the exaU2I.

Lucky you

Installed mine tonight. Didn't like wasapi under Win 7 64 using J River 17 much. KS played a bit better.

Fair comparison to EXA is not really possible as my EXA board already uses one outboard regulator for the clocks and will soon get a second one. As is, the comparison is not тоо flattering for the Amanero board: fine details and especially sound stage cues are missing. Overall the sound is of high quality and very listenable. Perhaps on par with Lorien's board with driver set to standard latency.

So far i've only tested PCM source material. The idea that DSD will have to play under WASAPI is not very appealing but so far i have not tested it.

Before further tests i will remove the onboard regulators and supply external power, either from a Jung super-reg or a Salas shunt.

As value for money and flexibility though, it is indeed fantastic.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:33 PM   #320
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
... but it doesn't go to 384 kHz as far as I can see from the datasheet ...?
I assume you have a certain level of technical skills. An external digital interface of the DAC chip accepts 384 kHz/24 bit. M2Tech Young DAC employs this and achieves 384 kHz/24 bit play.

Quote:
Regarding the PCM1794A are you then sure that it can handle DSD256?
Yes, sure. I have tested it. As for DSD1794A, two Japanese users have done that.

Hide this!Advertise here!