USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 196 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 08:51 AM   #1951
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid - Spain
It needs to be implemented in both the drivers and the firmware and AFAIK is not fully implemented yet.
It has been quite a while since firm 1080 (last official) was released, I hope Dom hasn't stamped it "final".
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 11:31 AM   #1952
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post
It needs to be implemented in both the drivers and the firmware and AFAIK is not fully implemented yet.
It has been quite a while since firm 1080 (last official) was released, I hope Dom hasn't stamped it "final".
Thank you for that information. Do you understand how it is meant to work when finally implemented?
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 11:59 AM   #1953
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid - Spain
No idea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:04 AM   #1954
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I will be grateful if someone share his experience with i2c output of the board:

I'm trying to send i2c commands to dsd1974 dac, but unfortunately without success. Is there something specific in the data format of the config tool ? In my case i'm sending per example (copied from the Combo384.ini) :
[OnDSD64]
p0_Address=0x99
p0_Register=0x14
p0_Value=0x30

but these values are not transmitted on the i2c output (i'm monitoring the output with signal analyzer - only few clock cycles and 2-3 bits are going on event) Currently i'm using CPLD and Firmware version 1080.
Thank you in advance!
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:56 AM   #1955
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitanov View Post
I will be grateful if someone share his experience with i2c output of the board:

I'm trying to send i2c commands to dsd1974 dac, but unfortunately without success. Is there something specific in the data format of the config tool ? In my case i'm sending per example (copied from the Combo384.ini) :
[OnDSD64]
p0_Address=0x99
p0_Register=0x14
p0_Value=0x30

but these values are not transmitted on the i2c output (i'm monitoring the output with signal analyzer - only few clock cycles and 2-3 bits are going on event) Currently i'm using CPLD and Firmware version 1080.
Thank you in advance!
The I2C address in the Amanero needs to be the 7bit equivalent rather than the traditional full eight bit addrees.
For 7 bit I2C address i mean that you need to get the I2C address without the R/W bit example you have 0x90 this is an I2C address composed by
[7bit] +[R/W] = 0x90 in the tool you need to insert as address only the [7bit] part so 0x48
Try 0x4C for address.

Last edited by themystical; 23rd April 2014 at 10:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 09:24 AM   #1956
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by themystical View Post
The I2C address in the Amanero needs to be the 7bit equivalent rather than the traditional full eight bit addrees.
For 7 bit I2C address i mean that you need to get the I2C address without the R/W bit example you have 0x90 this is an I2C address composed by
[7bit] +[R/W] = 0x90 in the tool you need to insert as address only the [7bit] part so 0x48
Try 0x4C for address.
Works like a charm now! Thank you! Cheers!
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 04:11 PM   #1957
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: planet Earth
Added myself to the google docsheet list, sent PM to Amanero, hopefully waiting for the answer about payment.
Guys, should I put "mailed" in the google sheet that I've sent PM to Amanero or that stands that shippment is mailed?
Thanks!
Ps. My first post/long time reader
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 07:02 AM   #1958
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Send a message via Skype™ to SebastianL
I have tried to feed my Stello DA100 dac with the IS out of the Amanero but it doesn't work. The alignment/pin-out is correct but still it doesn't work. The lock led is not on and there's is no audio signal.
What could be wrong?
According to the manual 'Stello DA100 Signature takes the IS signals in TTL level.'
Is there a mismatch between the voltage from the Amanero out and the Stello in?
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 09:24 AM   #1959
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Nis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianL View Post
I have tried to feed my Stello DA100 dac with the IS out of the Amanero but it doesn't work. The alignment/pin-out is correct but still it doesn't work. The lock led is not on and there's is no audio signal.
What could be wrong?
According to the manual 'Stello DA100 Signature takes the IS signals in TTL level.'
Is there a mismatch between the voltage from the Amanero out and the Stello in?
Amanero works with 3.3v and standard TTL is 5v, so this might be the problem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 11:49 AM   #1960
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Send a message via Skype™ to SebastianL
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksi View Post
Amanero works with 3.3v and standard TTL is 5v, so this might be the problem.
Is there a way to solve this?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HLLY USB SPDIF/ I2S CONVERTER kp93300 Digital Source 12 29th January 2012 02:55 PM
exaU2I - 32bit/384kHz Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface exa065 exaDevices 0 11th November 2011 11:41 AM
$40 USB to I2S converter sharpi31 Digital Line Level 7 12th July 2009 04:09 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2