USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 160 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th June 2013, 04:29 PM   #1591
Flac is offline Flac  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Is there any info on the updates included in the 1.0.0.2 release, the one dated June 12th, 2013.

Last edited by Flac; 17th June 2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Syntax
Old 17th June 2013, 05:04 PM   #1592
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flac View Post
Is there any info on the updates included in the 1.0.0.2 release, the one dated June 12th, 2013.
AFAIK it only contains a fix for a function called ASIOfuture that sets up the PCM or DSD format. There was a floating return value. It affected PCM file play in JRiver, it prouced an error when ASIO output mode was used.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:06 PM   #1593
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post
AFAIK it only contains a fix for a function called ASIOfuture that sets up the PCM or DSD format. There was a floating return value. It affected PCM file play in JRiver, it prouced an error when ASIO output mode was used.
thanks for the info, listening to foobar and it gave no improvements in the clicking experience. Started playing a DSD gives a DC, even while playing, pause and continue again it begins with two nasty clicks ... seems there is mouse hiding somewhere in my audio path performing some double clicks and feeling happy ...
Old 17th June 2013, 06:11 PM   #1594
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flac View Post
thanks for the info, listening to foobar and it gave no improvements in the clicking experience. Started playing a DSD gives a DC, even while playing, pause and continue again it begins with two nasty clicks ... seems there is mouse hiding somewhere in my audio path performing some double clicks and feeling happy ...
Probably the best way to get rid of the click would be using I2C to mute/change format/unmute. If your DAC allows for it try using the Combo384 I2C tool.

I tried the Foobar fix firmware under Foobar with both WASAPI and ASIO and also both in JRiver but the click was still there. As I only listen through HPs and is not that loud it doesn't bother me that much.
Old 17th June 2013, 06:17 PM   #1595
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Probably the best way to get rid of the click would be using I2C to mute/change format/unmute. If your DAC allows for it try using the Combo384 I2C tool.

I tried the Foobar fix firmware under Foobar with both WASAPI and ASIO and also both in JRiver but the click was still there. As I only listen through HPs and is not that loud it doesn't bother me that much.
That's the same over here, I've got just three real tracks of DSD so I mainly play 192 or 176 so it does not show that much, but it is just anoying while showing off to fellow listeners when they want to hear the tops I can play with my gear .... but the i2c could work ... it's amanero connected to the diyinhk dac .... thanks for the tip ...

The Monster DAC
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Flac; 17th June 2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Adding picture
Old 18th June 2013, 07:12 AM   #1596
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don't think the Combo384 is to blame for that problem, thee is no way it can know to what kind of DAC it is connected to and sends the same sdignal regardless it is a single stereo Buffalo or a dual mono confinguration or any other DAC for that matter.
The problem is most probably lays in the Buffalo or maybe even worse, in the ES9018 chip.
I agree with you. And I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

I can tell you I got it to work but cannot play SPDIF now. I had to make a new ribbon harness from Sidecar to L and R channel DAC boards. I cut D2 (DSD right channel) at the left channel DAC board and D1 (DSD left channel) at the right DAC board. To get sound from right speaker, I had to connect D2 (DSD right channel) to the D1 input on right channel DAC board (D1 would be left channel input in single BIII DAC application). Now my Right and Left DSD test tracks play from respective speaker. With music vocals are centered, in phase, sounds great.

Wih BIII dual mono, one half of each DAC board is in anti phase making internal DAC mapping complicated for DSD, to me anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsdharness.JPG (129.9 KB, 649 views)

Last edited by SCompRacer; 18th June 2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 29th June 2013, 06:48 PM   #1597
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I have observed a phenomenon with the combo384 that really puzzles me

When playing back wave files (.wav) of everything above 22.050 Hz (fs/2 of the 44.1 kHz basic sampling frequency) with foobar or audacity it seems that the combo384 "mirrors" what is above 22.050 kHz down into what is below 22.050 kHz.

Thus, if I play back a 30 kHz tone via MME or directsound settings in audacity or by selecting amanero in foobar, what is output to my oscilloscope is 22.050 kHz - (30 kHz - 22.050 kHz)= 14.1 kHz ... Both foobar and audacity indicates that the playback frequency/resolution is 192kHz/24 bits so it should come through ...

On the other hand when I output the same 30 kHz tone directly via the wavegene oscillator but instead via wasapi the combo384 sends out 30 kHz to the scope as it should. However, again, when I output the 30 kHz tone from wavegene via MME or direct sound it ends up being 14.1 kHz.

Alternatively, if I output the 30 kHz tone via the computer's own soundcard (realtek something set to a default 192 kHz/24bit resolution) it outputs everything up to 192 kHz/2 as it should.

So I wonder what is happening here & if someone else have observed this? It actually also made me wonder if when playing back 192 kHz/24 bit music files the combo384 actually plays back up to 22050 Hz and then the rest is reflected back into the 0-22050 Hz region ... ? Yet, maybe not easily heard because it's probably low in level ...

A puzzled me,

Jesper
Old 30th June 2013, 07:34 PM   #1598
diyAudio Member

I added my name to the GB list.Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 02:45 AM   #1599
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

I need some help here - I must be doing something wrong :-( I'm trying to flash the Amanero into slave2224 mode, and I can't seem to get it to take (when I pull the clock input pin from MCLK, it continues to play). If I just select slave2224 and CPLD then exit, the device isn't found. If I first flash slave2224 then firmware 074, the device works, but it seems not in slave mode. What am I missing?
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:36 AM   #1600
diyAudio Member

@jesper

did you activate WASAPI or kernel streaming output within foobar? It sounds to me that the really bad implemented windows resampling is doing its terrible work on your signals

Hide this!Advertise here!