USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 151 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 06:21 AM   #1501
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3tup View Post
Not a brand new hardware revision, but a new cpld firmware which will turn the mclk into input - the preset is already in the configurator utility, we've gotta wait for more information from Amanero.
A Clock select is also needed is there a pin allocated for that too?
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 07:27 AM   #1502
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid - Spain
XO selection should be available using pins 1 and 11.
44.1K based pin1= On Pin 11= Off
48k based pin 11= On pin 1=Off
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 02:25 PM   #1503
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
hooked up my amanero to a twisted pear opus dac. Setup dipswitches as specified. Hooked up everything like needed. No sound from output..

How do i know wich of Amanero or Opus is the problem ? How do i know if the amanero output i2s signal to my Opus ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 02:20 PM   #1504
dracoV is offline dracoV  Thailand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
2 boards received. Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 02:31 PM   #1505
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinduchesne View Post
hooked up my amanero to a twisted pear opus dac. Setup dipswitches as specified. Hooked up everything like needed. No sound from output..

How do i know wich of Amanero or Opus is the problem ? How do i know if the amanero output i2s signal to my Opus ?
Measures if outputs DC with a DVM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 04:44 PM   #1506
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post
XO selection should be available using pins 1 and 11.
44.1K based pin1= On Pin 11= Off
48k based pin 11= On pin 1=Off
You mean to remap "cable plugged" (pin 1) and "Mute" (Pin 11) into two clock selects?

IMHO one CS is enough and I would prefer to keep the Mute functionality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 07:14 PM   #1507
diyAudio Member
 
s3tup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzz View Post
You mean to remap "cable plugged" (pin 1) and "Mute" (Pin 11) into two clock selects?

IMHO one CS is enough and I would prefer to keep the Mute functionality.
2nd this. Mute is handy. Heh, CablePlugged too
Yet, i could live without 'em as long as i have the MCLK slave thing.
__________________
The missing link between lead and gold in alchemist's world was BS and commerce.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 07:59 AM   #1508
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid - Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzz View Post
You mean to remap "cable plugged" (pin 1) and "Mute" (Pin 11) into two clock selects?

IMHO one CS is enough and I would prefer to keep the Mute functionality.
Yep, that is what Amanero told me. That arrangement allows for a very simple external reclocking using the enable pin of the XOs.
I guess you can't have all but the Slave mode firmware is optional so anyone can decide if the benefits outwheights the inconeniences. Maybe using I2C commands in software mode DACs can compensate the loss of the mute pin? or perhaps even using an I2C port expander can be used for selecting external XOs (with the exception of 48K based DSD for which there are no separate events).
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 01:13 PM   #1509
hktvro is offline hktvro  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong kong
Boards received.
Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 02:11 PM   #1510
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post
Yep, that is what Amanero told me. That arrangement allows for a very simple external reclocking using the enable pin of the XOs.
I guess you can't have all but the Slave mode firmware is optional so anyone can decide if the benefits outwheights the inconeniences. Maybe using I2C commands in software mode DACs can compensate the loss of the mute pin? or perhaps even using an I2C port expander can be used for selecting external XOs (with the exception of 48K based DSD for which there are no separate events).
YHPM
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HLLY USB SPDIF/ I2S CONVERTER kp93300 Digital Source 12 29th January 2012 02:55 PM
exaU2I - 32bit/384kHz Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface exa065 exaDevices 0 11th November 2011 11:41 AM
$40 USB to I2S converter sharpi31 Digital Line Level 7 12th July 2009 04:09 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:32 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2