USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 142 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2013, 01:29 PM   #1411
diyAudio Member

Hi ,
I bought Amanero a few months ago.
I m running Vortexbox > amanero > buffalo III

When playing music with different sampling rate, sometimes the DAC don't get the sample rate change and starts playing music faster, and ugly.

I need to pause the vortexbox player and press play again and then it gets the right sample rate.

Anyone solved this issue?
Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 09:41 AM   #1412
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Should work with two masters talking to one server as long is the I2C is released after each use (which it should). You could try starting it without the on-board processor (certain things will be configured differently, but I2S or SDPFI should work) and try the mute/unmute...
I went back to firmware 1069 (CPU only) using tool 110a and removed firmware chip and it worked fine.

For verifying I used:

On352Set
ADD: 0x48
REG: 0x0A
VAL: 0XCF

On44Set
VAL: 0XCE

Played a 352K track and output was muted then played a 44.1K track and it unmuted output.

It doesn't work with the firmware chip on the Buffalo though, all non default configs it provides would have to be assigned to an event though I don't know which one could be the optimal one.

There is something affecting firmware 1072 and the Buffalo's compatibility.
Old 30th March 2013, 12:37 PM   #1413
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post
I went back to firmware 1069 (CPU only) using tool 110a and removed firmware chip and it worked fine.

For verifying I used:

On352Set

On44Set

Played a 352K track and output was muted then played a 44.1K track and it unmuted output.

It doesn't work with the firmware chip on the Buffalo though, all non default configs it provides would have to be assigned to an event though I don't know which one could be the optimal one.

Congratulations
Old 30th March 2013, 04:01 PM   #1414
Marek is offline Marek  Poland
diyAudio Member

1072 firmware has increased I2C clock speed to 100kHz. Speed isn't a problem here because my atmega8 configured to send I2C commands as a master is working flawessly with Buffalo at 100kHz.
There is some unclear problem with Amanero I2C functionality - for example it was working to me for a while with 1069 firmware, then I upgraded to 1072 (not working) and back to 1069 and now it is not working... This is not just firmware related or OEMTool related - I can't figure out what is the reason

Last edited by Marek; 30th March 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 30th March 2013, 05:02 PM   #1415
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal29a View Post

For verifying I used:

On352Set

On44Set

Yes, congrats!. If the other master does not release the bus, then no one else can acquire the bus. But you will need to capture the bus signal to see if this is what is going on.
Old 30th March 2013, 05:40 PM   #1416
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Yes, congrats!. If the other master does not release the bus, then no one else can acquire the bus. But you will need to capture the bus signal to see if this is what is going on.
I wish I knew how or have the tools to do that but even if I did and found the problem, how could I fix ? probably new firmware code from TPA would be needed and I highly doubt they'll be willing to write it as they already state that the chip needs to be removed if an external uC is used.
Old 30th March 2013, 06:55 PM   #1417
diyAudio Member

Jackel29a - do you have a scope to examine the I2C lines?
Old 30th March 2013, 07:02 PM   #1418
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately I don't.
At least there is a possible workaround by chaining I2C commands to set the default config and assigning them to a non frequently used event like On384Set. One just needs to play a purpose created file every time the DAC is turned on. Or maybe use OnReset?
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:20 PM   #1419
Nikitas is offline Nikitas  Greece
diyAudio Member

Guys, does the amanero need separate power supply? Or is it fed through the laptor's usb line?
Old 2nd April 2013, 06:23 PM   #1420
diyAudio Member

Is bus powered but you can take off the LDO and supply with a separate PSU.

Hide this!Advertise here!