USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 138 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2013, 04:54 AM   #1371
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

I have never connected Combo384 to TPA Buffalo III.
However in general, we need to set "S/PDIF auto-detect" as "Bypass" by setting "SW2-5 ON" when we play DSD on ES9018. Have you tried this?
Old 21st March 2013, 03:22 PM   #1372
smanz is offline smanz  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksi View Post
I use quite standard combination of buffalo iii dac with Amanero and WaveIO USB receivers, Ivy III, placid HD supplies, Otto II, arduino controller ... The problem I have is when playing DSD, then at the Ivy III outputs appears DC, on the left channel -1.4V and right -0.7 V. With I2S (PCM) there is no problems. The display shows the correct sampling frequency. I've checked the DC voltages and everything is fine, although I do not have an oscilloscope to see what is really going on. Oh, yes, I have the DSD sound, but is somehow clicking and crackling...
Can you play 352/384kHz. files wihtout issues?

Regards.
Old 21st March 2013, 04:09 PM   #1373
diyAudio Member

Received board, thank you

Wondering if any other users encountered issues on Windows 8? My converter/Buffalo combo worked fine (splendid in fact) on my friend's Windows 7 PC, but all it created was a loud buzzzz when connected to my Windows 8 PC. Oh well. Is there any way around it, or should I just roll back to 7?
Old 21st March 2013, 04:47 PM   #1374
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kannan_s
Is there a comprehensive guide to connect the Amanero board to DAC's ? as well as setting up Windows ? If some one here can document it will be easy for many who participated in the Group buy. I am wondering how to connect to Buff 11?
any specific post ?
thanks
kannan
Old 21st March 2013, 05:08 PM   #1375
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan_s View Post
Is there a comprehensive guide to connect the Amanero board to DAC's ? as well as setting up Windows ? If some one here can document it will be easy for many who participated in the Group buy. I am wondering how to connect to Buff 11?
any specific post ?
thanks
kannan
AMANERO USB – I2S Interface | H i F i D U I N O

Also connect the ground.
Old 21st March 2013, 05:21 PM   #1376
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanz View Post
Can you play 352/384kHz. files wihtout issues?

Regards.
Yes and yes. I don't really have 352 and 384KHz files except couple from the 2L edition. Tiny droputs was present on first 2-3 seconds but I think it's because of the upsampler from foobar.
Anyway, with DSD files, DC output desappeared the moment I've changed quantization from 6bT to something else (with little pop from the loudspeaker) , but strangely, didn't reappear when I set it to 6bT back again,though clicking remained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
However in general, we need to set "S/PDIF auto-detect" as "Bypass" by setting "SW2-5 ON" when we play DSD on ES9018. Have you tried this?
I have to put the TPA firmware chip back to try this with DSD. Jumper was already set to ON when I used WaveIO, but then I start using Arduino and removed the chip.

Regards
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:25 AM   #1377
diyAudio Member

hello everybody,
I've heard about this group buy and I'd like to know if it is still open. As far as understand one group has been closed few days ago, so a new one has just started? Which is the number of required people?
Thank you very much!
Old 22nd March 2013, 06:50 PM   #1378
diyAudio Member

Board received!
Old 23rd March 2013, 07:55 PM   #1379
ghiglie is offline ghiglie  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterGI View Post
hello everybody,
I've heard about this group buy and I'd like to know if it is still open. As far as understand one group has been closed few days ago, so a new one has just started? Which is the number of required people?
Thank you very much!
Ciao misterGI,
as far as I can see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...wYS1EcXc#gid=0

... I can see the GB5 is still opened. I'm thinking about gettin in this too, maybe we can combine the order.
Old 24th March 2013, 07:03 AM   #1380
Malvin is offline Malvin  United States
diyAudio Member

Boards arrived today. thank you very much!

Hide this!Advertise here!