USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter - Page 134 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2013, 03:07 PM   #1331
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiegeorge View Post
Quick question on the boards I2C connections :-

I presume the board acts as a bus master for I2C and is designed to send data to the DAC registers directly?
Therefore I can't connect it to my exisiting I2C bus which is controlling the DAC from a PIC micro (again as master)?
With a full I2C configuration of the Amanero adapter there is no need for the other I2C master.
Old 16th March 2013, 03:52 PM   #1332
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCtech View Post
I hope you have discovered that there is NO mono mode for DSD in the ES9018 chip and have taken the appropriate actions to rectify this
Yes, you are correct. There is no "mono mode" register setting for DSD in ES9018. We need to distribute DSD left/DSD Right signals to all channels appropriately.
I have never said "Dual mono mode". "Dual mono configuration", instead.

If you want to try DSD256/DSD512 sources, here I can tell you how to make those.
Old 16th March 2013, 03:56 PM   #1333
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
If you want to try DSD256/DSD512 sources, here I can tell you how to make those.
I want to try.
Old 16th March 2013, 04:32 PM   #1334
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The software volume controls that exists cannot work with DSD without converting DSD to PCM first.
Trying to understand what you are saying here Ray. Does this mean that in my Buffalo24 because I can use the software volume control with DSD input, the DAC is actually converting native DSD to PCM? i.e that is the way DSD works in this DAC chip by converting to PCM?
Old 16th March 2013, 04:44 PM   #1335

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystical View Post
Trying to understand what you are saying here Ray. Does this mean that in my Buffalo24 because I can use the software volume control with DSD input, the DAC is actually converting native DSD to PCM? i.e that is the way DSD works in this DAC chip by converting to PCM?
If you use (control) the volume by programming the DAC chip registers there are no extra conversion involved, but if you use the volume control in the player app then it most possibly must convert DSD to PCM and send PCM data to the DAC.
Old 16th March 2013, 04:51 PM   #1336
diyAudio Member

Quote:
With a full I2C configuration of the Amanero adapter there is no need for the other I2C master.
Yes, but I want other inputs than just Amanero. I have implemented a controller prior to getting this board and just trying to integrate it fully....
Old 16th March 2013, 04:53 PM   #1337
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Have you listened to enough DSD256/DSD512 sources on ES9018 of synchronous master clocking dual mono configuration environment?
How many sources of DSD256/DSD512 music are there?
Old 16th March 2013, 04:54 PM   #1338

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. There is no "mono mode" register setting for DSD in ES9018. We need to distribute DSD left/DSD Right signals to all channels appropriately.
I have never said "Dual mono mode". "Dual mono configuration", instead.
Then you may be able to use 1/4 or 1/2 of the available DAC segments compared to my setup..

Quote:
Are you kidding ?? That are old knowledge
Old 16th March 2013, 05:07 PM   #1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiegeorge View Post
Yes, but I want other inputs than just Amanero. I have implemented a controller prior to getting this board and just trying to integrate it fully....
I have a solution for that in my Dual Mono system, but it requires additional hardware (and firmware control)..
I2C - I2C Multiplexer, Switch - TCA9548A - TI.com

I am investigating a much simpler solution that also will solve this.
The Dual Mono system are also a complete analog system and uses I2C control for analog volume etc..
As I use Audum1250 (galvanic I2C isolators) between USB adapter, DACs, ADC, external I2S/I2C in and outputs and to the analog side it can be as simple as control power (power of Audum1250) to connect / disconnect the I2C masters...

Next week I can check if there are any easy solutions as the DAC I going to rebuild with the Amanero USB adapter already have a I2C (Arduino) master. And there are also a integrated SDTrans192 (I2S), a external HDMI/LVDS I2S/I2C interface (have used a exaU2I and CD/SACD player with I2S (PCM/DSD) on this port) and multiple SPDIF inputs. The SDTrans192 functions (play, >>, <<, stop, change album etc.) are controlled by the I2C master via the IR remote control as all the other functions..

Last edited by RayCtech; 16th March 2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 16th March 2013, 05:11 PM   #1340
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have a solution for that in my Dual Mono system, but it requires additional hardware (and firmware control)..
I2C - I2C Multiplexer, Switch - TCA9548A - TI.com

Next week I can check if there are any easy solutions as the DAC I going to rebuild with the Amanero USB adapter already have a I2C (Arduino) master.
Thanks - that looks potentially very useful.

Hide this!Advertise here!